Real Tube vs Amp Simulation (tone test) - Page 6 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 06:35 PM Thread Starter

Re: Real Tube vs Amp Simulation (tone test)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
there's no way it's going to sound like a properly miked Mesa. It's just not.

Thank God for That,
Thats what this thread is all about..Tube vs The real thing!!

hehe

JoeyDahlia
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:10 PM

@ joey::

as bammbamm mentioned, a mirrored and smoked tone is NOT the real tone. you should remember that the rel tone comes from Amp and Guitar. try making the tones using ONLY an amp model in xt. If u have played a tube then u will notice that u tend to lose dynamics in your playing...maybe it is some frequency thing...
remember, a tube tone is the pure tone.
post #78 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

Its a pure tone till it comes out your speaker,than it has to carry thru the air,than thru a mic ,than thru a cable..resulting in a big fat waste of time...lol

JoeyDahlia
post #79 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeydahlia
Thank God for That,
Thats what this thread is all about..Tube vs The real thing!!

hehe

JoeyDahlia
I meant that in a negative way towards the XT. English isn't your first language, is it?
post #80 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris20
I meant that in a negative way towards the XT. English isn't your first language, is it?
My Xt can beat up your rig anyday......

hehehe

Tell you what..all you guys go find me a recording..and I will beat it with a Xt recording...

From an Xt pro..He has a patch that sounds like pure beauty..I think you guys will love it..Cause I told him it sound just like a mic'd cab brb I will go find it..

JoeyDahlia
post #81 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

His name is Gort

I think this is better than any real mic'd recording...

it's an Xt

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Me..._000029316.mp3

He is a bad ass mutha...

JoeyDahlia
post #82 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 12:26 AM

Being an ex-modeling amp user, I think that clip really shows the limitations of a modeling amp. More than anything the one thing that bothered me about modeling amps are how unnatural they sound when playing with the volume turned down on the guitar. When he palm mutes those quiet notes on the higher strings, they are "crunchy" instead of "thunky".
post #83 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrie
Being an ex-modeling amp user, I think that clip really shows the limitations of a modeling amp. More than anything the one thing that bothered me about modeling amps are how unnatural they sound when playing with the volume turned down on the guitar. When he palm mutes those quiet notes on the higher strings, they are "crunchy" instead of "thunky".
I like the different taste we all have,I think this sounds just like a mic'd cab

But it's a sweet tone as well...And more important it's an Xt...

lol

JoeyDahlia
post #84 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 07:10 AM

Wow another thread started by Joey fuled with ego has again spiralled into a multiple page spam fest of gibberish and arguments.

BammBamm, i like your tone.
post #85 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 08:07 AM

Quote:

hehehe

Tell you what..all you guys go find me a recording..and I will beat it with a Xt recording...

From an Xt pro..He has a patch that sounds like pure beauty..I think you guys will love it..Cause I told him it sound just like a mic'd cab brb I will go find it..

JoeyDahlia
BWAHAHAHAHA

Regards

André

post #86 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andelusion
Wow another thread started by Joey fuled with ego has again spiralled into a multiple page spam fest of gibberish and arguments.
Yeah, Dahlia-lama's threads are like gruesome accidents on the highway. You know you're going to regret it, but you have to slow down and look. *Heave!!!*
post #87 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 11:11 AM

I think I'm just gonna sell my triple rec and my 4 x 12 and buy 10 XTs. Then I can use them like an effects chain (call it an effects pyramid)!

Oh yeah... right.

Now I think this should be locked up already, except for the entertainment value.
post #88 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur
I think I'm just gonna sell my triple rec and my 4 x 12 and buy 10 XTs. Then I can use them like an effects chain (call it an effects pyramid)!

Oh yeah... right.

Now I think this should be locked up already, except for the entertainment value.

Dude, you're not going to believe this,but the Xt has your amp in it..

hehehehehe

I even am using it on my next metal toonage...but here is the cool thing you only need 1..you don't need 10 Xt's

Let me know when you put your amp on ****..I will bid on it..But I am sorry to say ..real amps are a thing of the past..I might be the only bidder..But I will bid 10.00, so at least it will look cool..

Sorry

JoeyDahlia
post #89 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 11:48 AM

I seem to have encountered a wall with very thick bricks...

Listen to dimitar's post.
post #90 of 198 (permalink) Old 07-15-2005, 12:18 PM

Quote:

hehehe

Dude, I HAVE your "rig". I have an XT v.2 firmware. And I also have a Spider II.

But I am realistic enough to say it will never compete with a Mesa Nomad mic'd with a e609.

Tags
amp modeler , bass amp , bass response , chris brooks , clean tone , def leppard , dunlop crybaby , fender strat , fender twin , gain knob , gold lace sensors , higher strings , joey dahlia , kerry king , killer guitar , lace sensor , lace sensors , local music store , marshall jmp , master tone , mesa boogie , mesa nomad , modded marshall , music store , overdrive pedal , palm mute , palm muting , paul gilbert , pinch harmonics , playing guitar , power amp , practice amp , preamp gain , preamp tube , rack system , solid state amp , tone zone , tube amp , tube amps , tube combo , tube head , tube preamp , tube tone , valve amps

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode