Really nice Ratt Round and Round Lesson - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

Really nice Ratt Round and Round Lesson

By one of the most under-rated guitarists in the world. Also one of the best teachers IMO. I love how he breaks down some of the theory in the song. And he is playing a Jem (never seen him play one before)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_MvjobBuFw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Really nice Ratt Round and Round Lesson

Yep, he has shown me a few Ozzy songs also!
Great player for sure!
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:05 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
Yep, he has shown me a few Ozzy songs also!
Great player for sure!
I'm sure this was one of them!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2VVs...eature=related
&
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG73f...feature=relmfu
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:54 PM

LOL, Damn right! I play in a tribute band here in Northern Michigan (we are well known in many states) Called "Crazy Train, The Ulitamate Ozzy Tribute", and no one played, and explained it as well as him!
This is Me and the Singer during a radio interview we did a few weeks back , just before a hugh benifit for the local Animal Humane Soc. I'm all the way to the right, our Singer Eddie "Ozzy" Janes is, well you know. LOL

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 06-29-2012 at 08:36 PM.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 06:59 PM

I cant for the life of me remember what the other one was........
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 07:46 PM Thread Starter

Haha... That's awesome... He looks just like Ozzy. Had no idea you were in a tribute band... Good job supporting the animals at the humane society! Got any vids of you band playing on YouTube?
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Haha... That's awesome... He looks just like Ozzy. Had no idea you were in a tribute band... Good job supporting the animals at the humane society! Got any vids of you band playing on YouTube?
Sounds like him also!

We will have very very soon (in the process as we speak!), We have photos only at this moment.

He is the link:
http://www.facebook.com/CrazyTrainTh...zzyTributeBand
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 09:21 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

Holy crap, Jimmy--I thought that was Ozzy!

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Holy crap, Jimmy--I thought that was Ozzy!
He has won a few "Look a Like" contest, He truely has prefected Ozzy's British axcent.
When I first meet him, I seriously thought I was auditioning for Ozzy, he played the part so well. (So well in fact, that I took photos with my cell phone, and sent photos to my wife and kids, and said look who I got to meet!) LOL, they fell for it, as I did.

He gets looks everywhere we go.

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 06-30-2012 at 07:36 AM.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 AM

Just a side note I will be in that Radio studio again as a guest D.J. on Friday July 6th, They liked me the last time I was there, and there looking for another morning D.J.
I won a Guitar Dual on the radio last wednesday, a contest they had for BB king, Jonny Lang, and Buddy Guy tickets for this monday july 2nd.
When they found out it was me playing the guitar they went crazy, they now want me to bring my guitar in studio with me that friday, any one interested in listining in, it will be on WKLT 97.5 fm, Northern Michigans Rock station in Traverse city Michigan.
I will be on from 5:00am - 10:00am July 6th, Listen for Jamm'n Jimmy and lots-o-Ozzy Meterial
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
Just a side note I will be in that Radio studio again as a guest D.J. on Friday July 6th, They liked me the last time I was there, and there looking for another morning D.J.
I won a Guitar Dual on the radio last wednesday, a contest they had for BB king, Jonny Lang, and Buddy Guy tickets for this monday july 2nd.
When they found out it was me playing the guitar they went crazy, they now want me to bring my guitar in studio with me that friday, any one interested in listining in, it will be on WKLT 97.5 fm, Northern Michigans Rock station in Traverse city Michigan.
I will be on from 5:00am - 10:00am July 6th, Listen for Jamm'n Jimmy and lots-o-Ozzy Meterial
My wife has a cousin in Traverse City. Too bad they don't record these songs.

What did you play to make hem go crazy and how did you do it? Over the phone?
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
My wife has a cousin in Traverse City. Too bad they don't record these songs.

What did you play to make hem go crazy and how did you do it? Over the phone?
Yea, over the phone, I just happened to be in the back room on the computer recording some stuff, and they wanted the tickets to go to someone who would like them, a guitar player.
So they got 4 people on the phone with guitars, ( I was one, the last one.) and they gave each of us 30 sec. there was "smoke on the water", T-N-T, something that sounded like a cat stuck in a tin can, and shakken...
Then me, I stated off with the solo to Flying High Again, and went right into the chours, when I stopped I could hear every one in the back ground singing "Flying high again", they did a listener vote, I got 98% of the votes. The tickets are 10th row dead center, they also are throwing a tailgate party two hours prior, beer, food, prizes for all the winners of the tickets.
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 07:48 AM

Man, I'm so sorry to throw your thread off.
On another side note I see your in FL. I have a good friend down there, he is on here also, his Name is Sebastian, Awesome Guy for sure, knows more about the Tech **** than anyone I have ever met Period, if you run into him on here, make sure to say hi.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

Hey no problem. Good to hear some support for Troy. I know Sebastian... Check out my profile... He is my only friend he lives about 5 miles from my wife's parents... One of these days I'm going to stop by.

Come to think of it... My wife's cousin is the Mayor of Traverse City.
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 06-30-2012, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Hey no problem. Good to hear some support for Troy. I know Sebastian... Check out my profile... He is my only friend he lives about 5 miles from my wife's parents... One of these days I'm going to stop by.

Come to think of it... My wife's cousin is the Mayor of Traverse City.
LOL, Small Damn world huh?
he is my only friend also........ LOL, The wife and I are talking about another vacation, and I really wanted to go see Vai with sebastin, he invited me, but the wife has other ideas....
But when I get down there, and it will happen, I will look him up for sure, he has a few guitars, I would love to play, just to say I played them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode