Right hand Legato etc - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2007, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 20
Right hand Legato etc

Hi all,
anyone got any tips/tricks for right hand legato or other stuff like 8 finger tappin?
Anything is appreciated :P
(Darin- has my spelling (or spellin') improved ?)
lol
Thanks for your help
Regards
Jonny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-23-2007, 01:41 AM

Re: Right hand Legato etc

Personally if i had to relearn legato I would:
- start off with simple one string 'up and back' exercises to get my fingers used to the idea of it (triplets)
-Practice different patterns, making sure you incorperate all your fingers. (i.e using different variations of fingers to play the same exercise) Things such as substituting your 3rd finger instead of your 4th.
-My pinky is generally weaker then the other fingers, so for me to trill with it I find it harder. I have an exercise which helps build its strength. Basically using the 3rd and 4th across the strings i.e 1,2 (3rd finger, then 4th) and repeat that across the strings, before moving up to 2, 3, going back and repeating this pattern.
- Theres some great exercises around by paul gilbert which explore the different patterns. Have a browse through them too, just get your head around all the different patterns which can be thrown at you.
-Don't forget string skipping..

Just off the top of my head..if you want some useful legato exercises I would be happy to tab some of my favourites for you.

Im not sure what your playing ability is like so you might already know most of the above :P

Tags
paul gilbert , string skipping

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode