Rikk Beatty is Digitech's new full time clinician!!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:20 AM Thread Starter
Ibanez endorsed

Rikk Beatty is Digitech's new full time clinician!!!

Hey folks,

I have been a JEMSITE member for a long time. I come here and buy and sell gear off and on and join in with conversations from time to time. Not as much lately as I use to way back when this site was MUCH smaller but I always come back because there are allot of us here that are part of that older "family" and its good to see how everyone is doing.

You guys have always supported me and my music career and I will forever be in your debt. I wanted to share some incredible news with you all! I got my dream job!!

I am now a full time professional guitar player! I quit my "day-job" for the State of Washington after 10 years. I just got offered (and I accepted) a dream job. I am a full time clinician for Digitech. As a clinician, I will tour the USA (coast to coast) playing 180+ shows a year for them. While doing so I demonstrate their products to people on a stage that folds out of a HUGE semi truck http://www.digitech.com/Digi_Truck_tour/index.php. I will make the same income I was use to and receive full benefits (medical/dental/retirement....) and all my expenses are paid for. I will be gone 2 weeks out of every month and then I will be back home for 2 weeks. When I am at home I dont have any responsibilities. So I get to kick back, write my music, play shows with my band, and spend time with my family!!! SWEET HUH?!?!?!?!??!?! Its like going on vacation for 2 weeks playing guitar, then coming home for vacation for 2 weeks..... I fly to Utah around the 21st of October for some training at the Digitech factory and to hang out with my new boss (he was (well I guess he still is until 10-01-07) my artist relations person that endorsed me at Digitech) and then on 10-28-07 we fly out to Nashville and start the tour there. The semi that I tour on is friggin huge. The back quarter of it folds out into a stage. Then the next quarter inside is a huge room set up like a trade show booth where I will perform for smaller groups of people and answer any questions on Digitech gear. Then the next half of the trailer is a cafeteria with a table and chairs, couch, TV.... plus a full bathroom with shower. Then there are beds as well when we are in a city where the hotels are booked up or something. The job comes with perks that I have never even dreamed of!!!! Lets just say the perks are every musicians dream!! They park the rig at Guitar Center, Sam Ash stores, and other local music stores. Local bands and national acts perform on the stage as well myself. ..............Its a dream job. (for me at least).

Digitech's logo is: The Power To Create
I think it should be: The Power To Make Dreams Come True !!!!! :-)

Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and supported my music over all these years. My only words of advice is to never stop chasing your dreams. Someday they will get tired and you will finally catch them.

To quote Willy Wonka:

"But Charlie, dont forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted...... He lived happily ever after." :-)

I hope to see you on the road!! At some point (as long as you live in the continental USA....) We will be coming to a town near you!!!

Rikk Beatty
www.rikkbeatty.com
Digitech, Dean Markley Strings, Pedal Snake,
Scott Dixon Amplifiers and IT Guitar Picks Endorsed!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:33 AM

Re: Rikk Beatty is Digitech's new full time clinician!!!

Rikk that is just awesome!

Congrats man!
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 03:37 AM

Good advice from Mr. Wonka. Congrats again Rikk.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:04 AM

Congrats Rikk Sounds like you have my perfect job!! But first I have to learn how to play the guitar properly
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:30 AM

wow sweet deal!!!!
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 04:53 AM

Reviews: 25

WOW thats "sh it" never happens in Australia cause the population just won't allow it. Good luck and may the digitech be with you.

by the way I got a digitech RP5 and 2 of the pedals don't click anymore, can you fix them for me ahahahahahah just kidding im a little drunk !!!!

As long as your playing music for money, thats all you could ever hope for, anything more is a bonus congrats again !!!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:10 AM

Reviews: 18

Congratulations Rikk!

You have been blessed with an opportunty a lot of us only dream about and I wish you the best success possible

Do you know if you will be stopping in the DC Area for your clinics? Keep us all posted with the schedule, it would be cool to meet up and talk shop.

Congratulations again!

Jimmy
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 06:22 AM

Woah....that's AWESOME

Huge congratz
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 07:13 AM

Reviews: 120

congratulations dude
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 08:55 AM
ken

Much congrats to you.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 09:08 AM

Congrats Rick!

sounds like my kind of gig!
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 09:29 AM

Congratulations!
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Well done mate!

That's friggin awesome!
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:05 AM

Last edited by Rodney James; 02-01-2008 at 02:40 AM.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-15-2007, 10:25 AM

you are SOO lucky! good job man!

Tags
dean markley , local music store , music store , playing guitar , power amp , rikk beatty , sam ash , tube power amp

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode