Rocksmith - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Rocksmith

Anyone here plays rocksmith? I just started playing guitar for 4 months so i still have a lot to learn. I came across Rocksmith 2014 on steam and people said it could help me a lot to learn. I just want to know if the game is worth to buy considering it can really help me make progress, because the price tag isn't student's-wallet-friendly...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 11:40 AM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Rocksmith

my nephew says it works great. I've seen him use it and i saw enough to wish i had it back in the day. I've talked to him about it several times. You can probably purchase the adapter sold only and run the trial then pickup a digital code on sale.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 01:46 PM

I have it for Xbox one. It is pretty neat, but I find the notation hard to read sometimes. But besides the songs, they have some "free jam" features which I found really cool, and the band picks up tone tempo in real time to your playing, that part is nice.

Another nice perk, the special cable for the game, at least the xbox version, works very nicely with Mac OS Garage Band and other similar software.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 03:53 PM

Isn't the special cable just an A/D converter and mini interface? I think with the newer version of the game, you don't need it if you already have an interface.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 05:29 PM

It might be, no idea though. I never saw the first version of the game, but I picked up the bundle of the 2014 version with the special cable for like $35 a while ago, and I figured it would be cool to check it out at that price. It was an added bonus that the cable worked with Garageband.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 03:23 AM

Great learn guitar with full dedication and create a new record in the music field.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 02:41 PM

I used it a lot. I learned a lot from it. Its really well put together and worth the money. I'd highly recommend it. They also have a pretty impressive catalog of fully licensed tab and you can buy more from them as you go. $2.99 per song and they do song packs for certain artist. Misfits, Foo Fighters and Slayer come to mind.

If you look around there is also a free program someone wrote (the name escapes me but I think its on Git Hub) that pulls the tabs out of the game and coverts them to printable tab so you can practice without having to be in front of a monitor or TV.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode