Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Rush Announces New Tour for 2008 with New Set List!!!!!!!

16K views 42 replies 26 participants last post by  Paul_R 
#1 · (Edited)
If you missed Rush on their Snakes & Arrows tour, here's another chance to see them! Rush is re-touring in 2008 with a revamped set list. I was thinking last week how I wish I could see Rush again. SWEET!!! :cool:

RUSH EXTEND WORLD TOUR INTO 2008

TORONTO, ON - December 12, 2007:

After a hugely successful 2007 run, Rush are pleased to announce they will extend their Snakes & Arrows World Tour into 2008. The band will begin rehearsals in March to revamp the set list before kicking off the tour with their first ever appearance in San Juan, Puerto Rico in April.

2008 will see Rush tour in over 40 cities throughout the United States and Canada making stops in many where they haven't performed in well over a decade including: Orlando, Oklahoma City, New Orleans, Austin, Jacksonville and Winnipeg to name a few. Along the way, Rush will play new venues in Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and Seattle and will revisit some familiar ones in Boston, Washington and Charlotte amongst others. Rush fans can look forward to a complete tour announcement in mid January. As details develop more information will be made available at www.rush.com and www.livenation.com. Complete tour itinerary will be announced in mid-January.

See less See more
#7 ·
I know!!!!!!!!! Starwood was 5 miles from my house.
I saw sooo many good shows there. Clapton in '87, Rush,
Stryper, Van Halen,Reo Speedwagon, Journey,Kiss, Deep Purple,
Motley/Kings-X etc. Remember when you could get a "grass pass"
for $10 when kdf WAS kdf and they did the 1 for the sun???
*sigh* those were the days...

(nice to see another Ibanez guy from TN on here, we are few and far between in the land of Fender & Gibson...LOL)

#10 ·
Rush is the kind of band that, even if you aren't a fan of their music, you will enjoy the show. We were given free tickets to a show in Calgary about 4 years ago. I had to work so my wife (who isn't a Rush fan) went with her brother. She still talks about how great the show was to this day.

#15 ·
The official Rush Tour Schedule:

APRIL 2008

11th San Juan, PR Coliseo de Puerto Rico
13th Ft Lauderdale, FL Bank Atlantic Center
15th Orlando, FL Amway Center
17th Jacksonville, FL Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena
19th New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena
20th Houston, TX Woodlands Pavilion
23rd Austin, TX Frank Erwin Center
25th Dallas, TX The Music Center at Fair Park
26th Oklahoma City, OK Ford Center
29th Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion

MAY 2008

1st Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
3rd Reno, NV Reno Events Center
4th Concord, CA Sleep Train Pavilion
6th Los Angeles, CA Nokia Theatre
10th Las Vegas, NV Mandalay Bay Events Center
11th Irvine, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
20th Moline, IL iWireless Center
22nd St Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
24th Winnipeg, MB MTS Center
25th Regina, SK Brandt Center
27th Edmonton AB Rexall Place
29th Vancouver, BC GM Place
31st Seattle, WA The Gorge Amphitheatre

JUNE 2008

1st Portland, OR Clark County Amphitheatre
3rd Boise, ID Idaho Center
5th Denver, CO Red Rocks
7th Kansas City, MO Starlight Theatre
9th Chicago, IL United Center
10th Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena
12th Montreal, QC Bell Center
14th Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
15rd Boston, MA Tweeter Center
25th Indianapolis, IN Verizon Amphitheater
27th Milwaukee, WI Summerfest
28th St Louis, MO Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
30th Cincinnati, OH Riverbend Music Center

JULY 2008

2nd Pittsburgh, PA Post Gazette Amphitheatre
4th Atlantic City, NJ Marc Etess Arena
5th Saratoga, NY SPAC
7th Uncasville, CT Mohegan Sun
9th Toronto, ON The Molson Amphitheatre
11th Manchester, MA Verizon Arena
12th Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
14th Wantagh, NY Jones Beach
17th Hershey, PA Hershey Stadium !
19th Washington, DC Nissan Pavilion
20th Charlotte, NC Amphitheatre
22nd Atlanta, GA Verizon Wireless Amphit

Planning to go to the June 1st Portland Oregon.

#24 ·
I saw Rush for the first time in about 15 years last summer at Jones Beach in NY and they were great. I loved Geddy's "backline".

It was nice to see them play some of the older songs "in full" instead of the "medleys" they were doing for years. Hopefully they'll continue that trend on this leg of the tour.

#27 ·
I cant wait. I will be performing on the Digitruck at the Summerfest in Milwaukee in June and will get tickets and passes to see the show. Its gonna be AWESOME!!! Rush is just one of the performers there. I totally dig Tom Petty and he will be performing there as well!!

-Rikk

#29 ·
The tour started over a week ago, where are the reviews? lol. I'm actually more interested in the setlist.

Nevermind, I just remembered this site: http://www.2112.net/powerwindows/Tours.htm (which is packed with great info). What a disappointment! I thought the two reasons for another leg of this tour was to hit places they hadn't been in a long time and (more importantly) change up the setlist. I saw them last year and it was a great show but WAY too heavy on the S&A material. So I look at the new setlist and there's not much change, all the S&A tunes are still in and the changes they did make are for the worse, IMO. Entre Nous and Circumstances were major highlights for me; and surprises since Atlanta was the first show.

I hadn't bought tickets yet and now I know I don't need to since it's not much different from when I saw them a year ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.