RUSTY COOLEY 08 Betcha Can't Play This - Page 3 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 06:36 AM Thread Starter

Re: RUSTY COOLEY 08 Betcha Can't Play This

Quote:
Originally Posted by waylay00 View Post
Nah, In My Dreams is where I taught George Lynch how to play.

LOL top notch mate, Maybe people just missed that, keep em coming.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 07:34 AM
Banned

could be worse,could be alexi lahio (whatever his name is).i cant stand this dude.hes totaly crap and very messy.on most of his vids he has his tounge down other guys throats and dressed as a woman.
post #33 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:04 AM

Priceless comment there man
post #34 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TongueShredder View Post
Why all these negativity towards Rusty Cooley. I bet if we all put our best fingers together, we wont be as fast as him still. So chin up...
Without a doubt, he is very fast. His playing in technical terms is incredible. His phrasing though, it's just kind of boring. Maybe he should take a leaf out of George Lynch's book
post #35 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:39 AM

I don't know this guy at all, but I guess he's mastered the " flapping your fingers on a guitar neck and making loads of notes" technique!
Would I like to be able to play that lick? ... Yes.
If I could would I? ... No!
It's a bit like the joke ...
"I wish I had the money to buy an elephant."
"Why do you want to buy an elephant?"
"I don't, I just wish I had the money!"

I'd love to have the ability, but I'd use it to play a tune!

Jim
post #36 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
I'd love to have the ability, but I'd use it to play a tune!

Jim
That pretty much sums it up!!!

It's like I can jam......a million notes a second.......but..........I cannot play a bar chord

And dang......there are almost as many Jim's as there are Chicago'n folks on this board

ROCK~~~~
post #37 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:33 AM

I'll state what I know rather than an opinion.

I've met Rusty on several occasions and have even been to the store he teaches at here in Houston. He is a very nice person. He came out and visited with my son gave him some picks and a signed a cd for him.

I have met him on other occasions with his children and they are very and respectful. People say, "your children are a reflection of you", Well his kids were very well behaved and polite.

You guys are passing judgement on a 3 minute video.
post #38 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 AM

+1 What michblanch said.
post #39 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
I'll state what I know rather than an opinion.

I've met Rusty on several occasions and have even been to the store he teaches at here in Houston. He is a very nice person. He came out and visited with my son gave him some picks and a signed a cd for him.

I have met him on other occasions with his children and they are very and respectful. People say, "your children are a reflection of you", Well his kids were very well behaved and polite.

It's not just one three minute video, it's all of the ones I've seen where he bashes whatever he's not using and all but says, "I am God's gift to your ears."

I could be wrong, I have been in the past about personalities. But, I've seen many of his videos with the same evidence. I said it before, when he left Ibanez and then had the lack of class to slag them off and then try to tell me his Dean is the only guitar that you should use for agressive 7 string playing. Then he turns around and gives me the attitude that he is the best. it all just comes off as if he's a dick.

Maybe he's oblivious to how he acts and doesn't know. If you talk to him again tell him that many people think he comes off this way. Who knows, he could change the way he is presented.

No matter what, I will never concede that speed=music. Until he comes off that he will never be anything more to me than the young mans Michael Angelo Batio.

That's saying it politely and truthfully.
post #40 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 AM

I didn't mean my comment as a slur on Rusty, I don't know him or his material, I was really trying to comment on this whole "I can play more notes per second than you" attitude which although fine in the right context can be to the detriment of a piece of music.
I suppose my comment was aimed not so much at him as at those who thoughtlessly copy or reproduce a technical piece without considering its relevance or how it could contribute to a piece of music.
Apologies!
Jim
post #41 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
Hey Mich

I'm only going on what I have experienced I've heard enough of his talk and seen enough of what he's done and how he treats and talks down to people. Maybe you just caught him on a good day

No harm intended though my friend. Just stating what I've experienced just as you did so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vim Fuego View Post
Apologies!
Jim
+2 for the Jim apologies
post #42 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarnutteruk View Post
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...arch&plindex=0

Only took me a couple of minutes and a few seconds, six to be exact. Easy
lmao.......

grŁŖe (:
post #43 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:41 PM

I can play it at half tempo, of the slow version that is. That's good, right?
post #44 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem20thlover View Post
I can play it at half tempo, of the slow version that is. That's good, right?
Yup, that is good. It actually lets the notice achive tonality instead of treating them like a percussion instrument where keys and intonation don't matter.

A note has to ring a bit to achieve its pitch otherwise it's more like a drum or sound effect without a an actual note most people can hear. Unless you have natural perfect pitch.
post #45 of 116 (permalink) Old 04-14-2008, 12:53 PM

Outworld is a sick band, perhaps you guys should look at that before passing judgment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0IkQJqL3kk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoPsI...eature=related

Tags
alex skolnick , angelo batio , basswood body , buckle rash , clear coat , coil tap , coil tapping , ebony board , ebony boards , ebony fretboard , edge trem , edge trems , ernie ball , fret access , gibson les paul , gibson les pauls , guthrie govan , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , les paul , les pauls , michael angelo batio , neck joint , neck pocket crack , neck pocket cracks , paul gilbert , pro edge , rusty cooley , scarf joint , shawn lane , signature guitar , strat style , super strat , swamp ash , trem arm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode