Ibanez JEM Forum banner

So I finally recorded a new instrumental...

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Drew 
#1 ·
And here it is! It's just a rough mix, and you will notice that a certain section is quite repetitive because I will add voices of some kind over the top (possibly news reports about cyborgs rising from a volcano or something like that). I'm gunna replace the fake bass with a real one n'stuff, but here tis. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/ptodgekin/ruffmix.mp3

#4 ·
Petie,

Love that main riff, it kicks ass. Definatley an Engines of Creation vibe to it, kind of like a borg sex tone.

I'd recommend re-thinking the drum track, unless that is the specific effect you are going for. And I couldn't hear any bass at all, mix it a lot higher.

Good stuff man keep it up

Track

#5 ·
Petie,

Love that main riff, it kicks ass. Definatley an Engines of Creation vibe to it, kind of like a borg sex tone.

I'd recommend re-thinking the drum track, unless that is the specific effect you are going for. And I couldn't hear any bass at all, mix it a lot higher.

Good stuff man keep it up

Track

#6 ·
Yeah, the drums are temporary, more of a click track kind of thing really.

The bass is there but it's in the same octave as my low B string. I was thinking of a nice semi-distorted bass tone with a pick, though I usually play bass with my fingers.

I didn't really think about Engines of Creation, but now that I think about it that totally makes sense.

#9 ·
Petie,

One time around here, you mentioned you were a "hack" player. At the time, I believed you. silly me.

That was so sick, it crashed my computer. I had started to offer line-by-lince commentary, but it got lost- i remember liking the chorus quite a lot more than the verse riff everyone's talking about, though, and thinking your lead playing was just scary. Sweet stuff!

-D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.