Starry Night cover... - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 04:59 PM Thread Starter

Starry Night cover...

I've uploaded a cover of Joe Satriani's Starry Night, off of Strange Beautiful Music. It's reasonably faithful to the original...
I recorded this the same day as the improv over the backing to Jeff Beck's song (Aug. 9/03), and happened to use the same sound setting on my POD for this one, too (for those interested in these types of details...).
Right click and save, and like the other MP3, the recording is a little on the quiet side, so turn it up a bit.

Starry Night
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 05:52 PM

Great. Sounds like a bootleg from Satriani concert (which means pretty darn close).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-12-2003, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Hahahah - I'm flattered by your comparison, and it sounds apt; close, like taking some liberties.
=]
Thanks.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 11:59 AM

once again the guitar sound owns!
you really know how to use that focking pod
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 12:18 PM

Nice cover n tone! , the harder part at 2:21 was kinda cheesed off a little but yeah , great cover dude
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-14-2003, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Thanks - at some point I'm going to actually look at the transcription that was with that backing track, and do that bit (time index 2:21) properly. =]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 09:05 PM

That was a really good job man!!!!
Were did you get the backing track and the tab for it?
Is there any way you could upload the backing track so some of us could get it?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-16-2003, 10:35 PM Thread Starter

Thanks.
Backing track from Guitar Techniques magazine, April '03 issue. It's got the tab in there too, which I'm going to actually look at eventually. =]
I bought the mag automatically, upon seeing that there was a backing track for that song on there... Joe's CDs always have one track that really hooks me; for SBM, that was the one.

Tags
backing track , guitar tech , jeff beck , joe satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode