Steel Panther - Brixton Academy - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-09-2010, 06:46 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 34
Steel Panther - Brixton Academy

Anyone else going to see Steel Panther on March 19th?

I will be there and look forward to having a beer with anyone that wants to.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 06:32 PM

Re: Steel Panther - Brixton Academy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
Anyone else going to see Steel Panther on March 19th?

I will be there and look forward to having a beer with anyone that wants to.
YES!!!

I saw that date on the web a few months ago, and instantly bought a ticket. Called some friends and got them to come also. We have to come from the Netherlands to get there so we have to come by plane and sleep in a hotel.

We will be the group of 30 something rockers wearing jeans and 80's bandshirts . (haha!)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-15-2010, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

I am wearing mine now!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
rockers wearing jeans and 80's bandshirts . (haha!)
That's gonna be everyone there then lol. I'll be there with a load of mates
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

Well that was fantastic. We managed to get about 8 feet form the band and were standing between Michael Starr and Satchel. Awesome!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcoumbe View Post
Well that was fantastic. We managed to get about 8 feet form the band and were standing between Michael Starr and Satchel. Awesome!

Just got back, that was fun. I guess we got lucky that they were filming a DVD and went the extra mile for it. Had great fun and also managed to get front row in front of Lexxi (you remember, the winning side )

Last edited by Fantomas; 03-20-2010 at 10:42 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2010, 06:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantomas View Post
Just got back, that was fun. I guess we got lucky that they were filming a DVD and went the extra mile for it. Had great fun and also managed to get front row in front of Lexxi (you remember, the winning side )
Yeah, but we had all the fat chicks according to Satchel!

I must have Hi-fived 1,000 people last night, including a policewoman on the way home.

Check out my face book page. I am uploading a couple of videos at the moment.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 01:14 AM

Awesome. I saw Steel Panther in Hollywood in January. Lindsay Lohan was in the audience and Scott Ian did a few songs with them. It was like a freakin' LA fairytale, or hairytale if you will! Can't wait to see them again next time I'm in the States (or of course if they ever come to Australia).
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-24-2010, 10:41 AM

Well I thought they were ok. Good fun songs which i like. The banter (lets keep it polite in case kids read this) that went on between song was funny at first but for me got very old, very quickly to point where you just felt like screaming "shut the f*ck up and play*. Still best band i've seen are Mr Big and Whitesnake, Steel Panther were good but not someone i'd rush out to see again.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-26-2010, 03:20 PM

the best bit was the "warm up band" that were actually strippers.

agree, too much yapping between songs, I know they don't have loads of material but just play some covers, it was the same routine they went through in Shepherds Bush last year.

good fun though
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-29-2010, 08:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanitarium View Post
Well I thought they were ok. Good fun songs which i like. The banter (lets keep it polite in case kids read this) that went on between song was funny at first but for me got very old, very quickly to point where you just felt like screaming "shut the f*ck up and play*. Still best band i've seen are Mr Big and Whitesnake, Steel Panther were good but not someone i'd rush out to see again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazza1004 View Post
the best bit was the "warm up band" that were actually strippers.

agree, too much yapping between songs, I know they don't have loads of material but just play some covers, it was the same routine they went through in Shepherds Bush last year.

good fun though
I think the banter is half the fun.

I thought that the support act were a bit lame actually. This didn't stop me gteting pictures with a group of girls I could have sworn were the Sirens in the bar though

Tags
brixton academy , steel panther

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode