Steve's '03 Band - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Steve's '03 Band

Is Mike Mangini now out of the band? It will be such a shame if he is, he is such a crazily good drummer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 10:36 PM

I think Mangini's last gig with Vai's band was back in '00. Steve's on his second drummer since Mike. Virgil Donati did the last G3 tour and Jeremy Colson will be doing the upcoming tour.

I agree with you though, no one can fill Mangini's shoes! He is insane.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:30 PM

Jeremy Colson, I believe that's the correct spelling, will be on sticks.

Also there, Tony McAlpine, Dave Weiner, and Billy Sheehan.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-23-2003, 11:31 PM

Too bad they got rid of Knealy.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEMavenger
Too bad they got rid of Knealy.
They didn't get rid of him, he's just having too much fun doing his solo stuff. I'd rather hear him making his own glorious music - as great as he was with Vai, it's like finding the most beautiful bird in the world and sticking it in a teensy little cage.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 06:21 AM

I thought I read somewhere that he had some new cat on keys and guitar, not Macalpine.......
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badwamajama
I thought I read somewhere that he had some new cat on keys and guitar, not Macalpine.......
that was wrong

The G3 touring band will include Tony
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 06:56 AM

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 11:54 AM

Man, Tony should be the 4th "G", not just the keyboardist. Seriously.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 02:11 PM Thread Starter

Someone please give me a gun so I can shoot Vai and then myself. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOW COULD HE!!!! I know its not just him, but wtf, I wanted to see mangini, keneally, and philip bynoe. Damn. Ive been watching the G3 dvd from when Eric Johnson played with them and like all the bands are different!!!! OMFG OMFG OMFG!!!!!! Vai no longer has any of those guys. Satriani doesnt have stu, and yngwie's band is completely different for like the 100th time. What happened to keeping one band. Thats one thing that will keep the Grateful Dead as one of my favorite BANDS. They were all great and had no ego and stuck together until death. God. Someone give me a gun so I can blow my head into little shattered bits all over the wall, flooding a pool of blood sliding down my legs covering the floor and ruining the steve vai poster. Ok, I wont kill myself, but this is just very very very very upsetting.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2003, 02:32 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
billy sheehan , dave weiner , eric johnson , steve vai , virgil donati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode