Ten Words Cover 3/4 anyway - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-15-2012, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Ten Words Cover 3/4 anyway

Hey guys, before I got rid of all my recording stuff I was working on this. The last part is easy to finish but unfortunately I can't right now.

This song proved much harder to get perfect than I first thought and after umpteen passes I still didn't get it perfect but it portrays the feeling.

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=1453934&T=8820
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 12:41 AM

Reviews: 10
Re: Ten Words Cover 3/4 anyway

nice job Satchmo! one of my favourite Joe songs...this is my wife's fave Joe song so I've been meaning to learn it...it doesn't need to be note for note - as long as it feels good to you...where did you get the backing track?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM Thread Starter

Dorian, that is funny, that is exactly why I learned it too!!! It was a request from the wife since it was the first of any Satch songs that she actually understood what the melody said without him ever saying a word.

I dont know where I got the backing, I think i had to google search it. I can email it to you tonight!!!

Thanks for the listen!!!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:10 PM

There's something about that song that appeals to the ladies I guess ;o) That would be cool if you could let me know where you got the backing track...I found one online but I don't think it sounded as good as the one you used... btw - why did you sell all your recording stuff?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
There's something about that song that appeals to the ladies I guess ;o) That would be cool if you could let me know where you got the backing track...I found one online but I don't think it sounded as good as the one you used... btw - why did you sell all your recording stuff?
PM me your email and I will try and get it to you.

I sold my recording stuff because I got into a rut and had lost interest, I am kind of kicking myself for not just keeping it. I always come back to guitar.

Jeff
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-19-2012, 05:52 PM

Thats the only satch song i can play and the best one for me. Welcome back Jeff Knew it )
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 04:49 PM

Reviews: 13

I think youve captured the feeling joe puts into this, well done and my girlfriends ears pricked up when she heared this
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-20-2012, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
PM me your email and I will try and get it to you.

I sold my recording stuff because I got into a rut and had lost interest, I am kind of kicking myself for not just keeping it. I always come back to guitar.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff - I was searching last night and found a decent backing track on the internet...never pays to sell guitar stuff because we rarely get what we paid for it and we usually end up GASsing for it again later... ;o)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 05:26 PM

Reviews: 13

my girlfriend loves this song too, of course i had learned it before i met her, but now she asks me to play it for her all the time.

Tags
satriani

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode