Texas Mini-Jemfest 2.5.1 :) - Ok, it's time already I say! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 02:10 AM Thread Starter

Texas Mini-Jemfest 2.5.1 :) - Ok, it's time already I say!

Bob already say she misses us and I talked to Scott today and he was all "yeah we need to do this again soon".

I agree. How about tomorrow? :biggrin:

Let's start planning the next one eh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 02:37 AM

Texas Mini-Jemfest 2.5.1 :)

Up!

bring it on!
Now that Bob's studio is 99.9% complete, we can go terrorize it:biggrin:

Maybe we can get more footage for the film...
post #3 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 10:14 AM

I am in for it. *Tell me when.
Regards,
Gregory
post #4 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 01:33 PM

My week vacation gave me a chance to get a lot done on the studio. All the construction related stuff is near complete. I have to wait for the grout on the tile to fully cure before I can seal it and begin installing gear. I anticipate two weeks. When it is complete there will have to be a Studio Warming party.

I am sure there is e-mail on my mail servers from y’all with discussion about the next bash… However, I returned to work this morning to a new computer/system/Pro Tools etc. I have not yet been able to retrieve any of my internet mail, log on to AIM, find my contacts and a number of other things. My home computer is in pieces on the floor. Basically, I am mail-less.

I’ll get with you guys as soon as I can clear this problem up.
post #5 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-20-2001, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

If you need help around there, give me a shout Bobby O, I'd be more then willing to come down and swim around in yo....er, help you with your studio. :biggrin:

Also, make sure to contact me about prices. You need to give me a list and let me see what my buds can do for you.
post #6 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 07:59 AM

How about sept 15th?

(I will be Houston that weekend)

Cheers

Simon
post #7 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:16 AM

Are you serious???
post #8 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 10:21 AM

Simon:
I will be travelling on Sept. 15, but will be back on the 16th. *When r u leaving? *I would welcome the chance to meet a jemster from overseas.
Out,
Gregory *
post #9 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 11:19 AM

I am planning to fly to Houston on vacation on Sept 7 or 8 (I have mentioned this to Bob O.), I am then going to NYC to see some more friends on Sept 16 (late or early 17th) inc. Kevan and Kenny.
I am then coming back to Houston on 21/22 for a day or so before heading home to London.

I hope to meet up with you guys at Bob's some time for the a Texas mini-jemfest 2.5.1!

Add my email addy to the discussion about the next one!

See ya

Simon
post #10 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-21-2001, 11:09 PM

Well Simon, seeing as you are organizing JFUK, It is appropriate that you visit the state that is home to two thirds of the Jemfest organizers. Also appropriate that you visit the other third in NY second. :biggrin:

Like I said the other day when we chatted, if we don’t already have a Mini-Jemfest planned while you are here, we’ll make one up in your honor. A visitor from far away seems like a good enough reason. Perhaps we will have completed the video edit from the last one by then and we can all watch and have a laugh. BTW guys… The slowmo and backwards stuff turned out great. Scott managed to make the pool water swirled and we already blew up Scott V with a bolt of lightning.

Later,

boB

Oh yeah. Jeffrey, Geez! I could have used your help last week. :biggrin: No prob… It’s well on it’s way.

(Edited by bob oakman at 10:15 pm on Aug. 21, 2001)
post #11 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Quote: from bob oakman on 10:09 pm on Aug. 21, 2001
Oh yeah. Jeffrey, Geez! I could have used your help last week. :biggrin: No prob… It’s well on it’s way.
Gah! You shoulda asked man.
post #12 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:08 AM

Looking forward to the next line up of jams. *We definitely have to get together for our fellow friend from across the pond. *At minimum have a nice dinner.
Out,
GP
post #13 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 05:23 PM

Indeed, if a forum brother is comming that distance, we should most definately have at the very least a dinner.

Lets start putting the wheels in motion for his arrival.

Up for ideas
post #14 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 08:04 PM Thread Starter

Well I know I can't contribute much since I'm not one of the mass of Houstonites, but I'll definately be there.

Maybe take him out for a good 'ol steak dinner where he doesn't have to worry about mad cows. :biggrin:
post #15 of 69 (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 08:46 PM

Take him out for steak? *Hell, I can cook a damn good strip. *I'll bring the steak, and maybe if you beg enough, my famous 'southern style' banana pudding.

Looking forward to meeing you Simon. *We'll have lots of Jemfest stuff to talk about. *Especially if Bill comes by.

Gabe

Tags
bob oakman , chord progression , marshall cabs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode