Thanks to all!!!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks to all!!!!

Hi, I wanted to say thanks to Kevan, Gabe, Bill, Kirk ...LOL

and Ian and all involved for another great year!!

I want to thank Pete for doing such a great job with the sound this year, we would have been in big trouble without you!!

I also wanted to say thanks to the guys in my band Anthony and Dan for driving the equipment out again and for doing such a great job. We pulled off a great set and I am very excited about our performance this year...

tHANKS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:40 AM

Thanks to Rob for a great set!! you are the guys rocked!!

Mega huge thanks for Rob for playing with me and the other Cereal Killer boys this year Paul, Pete and of course Kirk!!

Cheers mate

Simon
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 12:05 PM

great performance guys.......the sound quality from the streams were very very good.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 01:19 PM

Rob,

An absolute pleasure to work with you again; great to do the sound for such a top band - anthony and dan kick ass as well!!!!
And to play with you as well for the CK set; think we just about got through it

The guitar looks great - plays pretty nice too - sorry about some of the nonsense coming out of it on the one song you so kindly let me play it on...

Looking forward to sorting things out for October

Pete

PS...just about finished off the beers yesterday evening
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 01:29 PM Thread Starter

How could i forget to thank my other mates!!!

Thanks a lot to CK for the great time and the opportunity to share the stage with my mates from the UK...

Thanks to Simon, Pete, Paul and ofcourse Kirk!! lol..

Cheers and stop playing wih your naughty bits...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 01:36 PM
Vendor

I'll never stop playing with my naughty bits!! It's too much fun!!

Great seeing you all as usual!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 02:59 PM

Hey Rob was awesome to hang out again man...

What a show you did!!! wow
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 04:37 PM

What a weekend!

What a weekend!
I had a great time jamming with you Ricky, Thanks. I was inspired by the AWSOME players I saw this year. I'm already working up my chops for next year! I came away with some new motivation, and ideas to add to my bag of tricks, which is quite small reletively speaking. German inspired me to work on my sweeping tech, Ricky and Rob to work on my melodic content. Pete has me working on my selection of raffle tickets!! (and he seemed like such a sweet guy to, then to go and win that Jem out from under me *drats*!!) :P
Everyone was nice as can be, and a pleasure to watch perform. Gabe (thanks for letting us use your BIG truck) and Kevan (thanks for letting me play your amazing guitars "a real treat" and I didn't get beat up for bringing my PRS to a 'JEM'fest. By the way, no one was playing a Jem!) brought it together wonderfully.

(Although, Kevan didn't exactly jump at the chance to sell me that RG Paint anytime soon.........um, ever. Perhaps he'll tire of it seeing it hang on his wall with the rest of his rare collection. hehe...unlikely.)
Or better yet, Rich will have an RG Paint for me soon.

See ya next year guys! Darin (of Pirahna Red)

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/556/darin_warren.html
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 04:51 PM
Vendor

You brought the PRS down? Funny, I don't think it left the case

Nice to finally meet you Rug_dog!!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:16 PM

Slight Return

That's right, the party's back - so hide your valuables and turn off your filters! (just kidding Glen)

My neck is a little sore from sleeping in the car, but it was worth every painful minute of it. BTW, the first ride I went on was the "Teacup" ride. Punched the clock on this one at about 10:05am Sunday morning. For those of you unfamiliar with this ride, you get into the "teacup" and spin around and around and around and - you get the point. Kept breakfast down so I was good to go.

First and foremost thanks to Gabe and Kevan for pulling it off again. My vote is in - and Orlando has won me over. Although I would like to have it in the back yard....

Thanks to Rich and Iain for breakfast and the comraderie (and for talking me out of giving away my RG.) Shane - always a good time my friend - let me know about the Engl. Pete, any time you want to make a trip across the pond for some more Billy Joel, Prince or a verse or two of "A$$hole" just drop me an email. Many other new friends who were very cool to tolerate me - Clay, Darin, Butch (you aint gettin my guitar) etc.

Thanks to CK for letting me play/sing with them (although I am not at all proud of the playing.)

Last but certainly not least, all of the performers. There was some amazing talent out there this year, I am truly humbled being in the presence of these guys. No, not humbled - unworthy.

Little disappointment in the "new" Jem department, but it is nice that they're commemorating 15 years of the gutar with the FP -it was one of the orginals. It was ultra nice of Ibanez to have given Jemfest one of the first opportunitites to experience it - I don't think they could have chosen a better time or place to do it. This is Jemfest progress IMHO.

I look forward to next year guys, keep up the good work.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:33 PM

Rich, I didn't bring the PRS. Just the POD. Didn't want to take a chance on getting it damaged (by the baggage handlers at AirTran).

Next year, if we're invited to play again, I plan to bring the family and my guitar. Actually, even if Pirinna Red, um, I mean Perahna Red doesn't play, I'll still bring a guitar. The hotel room was a blast!

Oh, by the way. Thanks Rich for breakfast, or what ever you call a meal at 4 am. And thanks Gabe for Dinner thursday night.....at "that place" shhhhhh

Darin
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:37 PM

Even Slighter Return

I just posted some pics in the link below. Some of them are almost as blurred as my vision was. You can also catch a glimpse of Rob Balducci's new guitar. Hope you enjoy.

Jemfest 2003
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2003, 09:58 PM

Darin!!! Was so great to hang out man... I enjoyed it A LOT!!! You and Shane kicked mayor!!!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2003, 06:58 AM

some cool pics Kir
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-03-2003, 10:23 AM

Hi !

I just wanted to thank everybody at the Jemfest, especially Gabe, Kevan, and Ricky for the great time I had. It's always good to meet so many talented and great musicians. I have learned a lot from all of you guys.
I hope I will see you all next year again and perhaps we can even play a couple of gigs before that, who knows....

Take care,

German Schauss

Tags
rob balducci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode