The_Simulacrum_of_Nihilism.mp3 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 04:09 AM Thread Starter

The_Simulacrum_of_Nihilism.mp3

The_Simulacrum_of_Nihilism.mp3

Drums: Virgil Donati
Bass: ? (loops)
Guitar: Wouter Bosch

Save As:

http://home.hetnet.nl/~centrifugal_f...f_Nihilism.mp3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 06:10 AM

With a name like "Simulacrum of Nihilism", I figured that this was death for sure, but it's fusion. I like the count-off in the beginning. That gives it a nice live feel. Did you mean "a revolutionary doctrine that advocates destruction of the social system for its own sake, a complete denial of all established authority and institutions or the delusion that things (or everything, including the self) do not exist; a sense that everything is unreal". I'm kind of curious, since I had to look it up.

Great playing!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 06:38 AM

Heavy ****!! , I dug it! , It reminded me of the exploited abit , really heavy. Which one were you dude ?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 08:26 AM

Reviews: 1
Wicked stuff, but who's playing? On another forum, you wrote:
"The_Simulacrum_of_Nihilism.mp3

Drums: Virgil Donati (Stretch)
Bass: Jaco
Guitar: Wouter Bosch"

That is on the Jaco Forums, who's playing what?

Bamm
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-19-2003, 12:51 PM

Finally, I started to miss Bosch posts...

This is wild, I like it...always liked your over-the-top style, not a big fan of the tone, but a cool track nevertheless...
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-20-2003, 04:11 AM Thread Starter

Hey Ancestor,

Thanx for naming it fusion! That was the intention. Indeed the title is a bit over the top and maybe will scare some people of for thinking it's metal. Next time maybe a combination with the magic word: FROG

I am a very enthusiastic reader of Friedrich Nietzsche. Many of my mp3-titles are related to this cool person. So is this one. I got it from a review on Nietzsche:

The Simulacrum of Nihilism
Something that moves from the night of SHOUT and the masses slumber within their shell-like orifices... they have no mind, no desire, do they want power- the 'Christian' intellectuals fill them with promises, but who actually bothers to fight for something, a few 'revolutionary' workers, the students... why are the masses not ALWAYS quiet, isn't there always a rebellion, a revolution, perhaps we can say 'yes, there is unrest, the slaves in Rome had their moods, was Rome then always ruled by the mob ?' where does self-government come from... is it from lack of food, housing, comforts ? What if the masses had just entertainment ? what then ? Do they have to be productive ? what if they are just quiet and happy ? What is good, what is true ? Is democracy just universal boredom ? Why doesn't the TV flicker keep everyone down. Some, the truckers, the miners, the dockers, the railwaymen must be re-educated so that they will look for other ways, find other happinesses. When they act, is it with any intelligence, any poetry, any art ? What are we to make of the claim that the people have 'inner' culture, some hidden creativity that they yearn to release ? This is certainly not expressed in a political manner, if they wish to read poetry they can, if they wish to write a book they may, however in general these works will be mediocre and harmless. Who determines who the elite are ? Is there some institute within which all the elites exist: the philosophers, writers, sociologists, physicists, architects, politicians... but do each group have the power of self-government - how did it occur in Rome, in Greece ?? What if the art the people wish to develop is not film-making, not photography, but terrorism ? There is a bulk of people who don't fit this mould, but are they the mediocre ? In that case they may be easily duped, they may be lied to, terrorised, have traps prepared for them... Nietzsche does not like lies, he doesn't seem to realise that is what we need, a sort of sophisticated self entertainment, we suspend our disbelief for years at a time... just to have the entertainment of thinking 'we are not alone' or 'we will bury you' it's all just part of the show.

Thanx again dude!

Hey Anton,

Long time, no @.

I did all the guitarstuff on this one.

See ya!

Hey bammbamm,

Posting at the JPforum I recalled that I used some bassloops out of my folder Jaco P-loops. So that's the reason. The drum are form the album Stretsch by Donati: really cool. The song maybe a little chaotic but that's mainly the consequence jamming over a track that is an drumsolo in origin :P .

Hey pawel,

Thanx man!

To bad you don't like my tone It took very long to get to this tone . Well, as long as you dig music

Ciao,

~Bosch~
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2003, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosch
Hey pawel,

Thanx man!

To bad you don't like my tone It took very long to get to this tone . Well, as long as you dig music

Ciao,

~Bosch~
Just personal taste, there are many players whose tone I'm not a big fan of, you are in the same boat as Frank Gambale for example
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 01:51 PM

awesome

love ur crazy ass shred phrasin....hehe
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlo de Dios

love ur crazy ass shred phrasin....hehe
dont we all awesome work bosch , cant stop listening
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2003, 03:13 PM

Nice work Bosch.

Not my favorite song of yours, yet still a nice one dude!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-28-2003, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Hi Carlo de Dios, Anton and Swirly!

Big thanks!

I will be back!

Tags
frank gambale , virgil donati

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode