Is there anybody in this forum who plays better then Yngwie? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Is there anybody in this forum who plays better then Yngwie?

Hey

I saw many topics in this forum that critisize yngwie malmsteen. Ok you may not like it that much but you have to respect him. Coz he plays better than you do. If you were better you would be known worldwide. He sold millions of albums and he has millions of fans all around the world. And you joke and critisize him. People say " he will lack in G3 " in this forum. What will you do if you were the 3rd one ? I'm sure you'd lack more than he would. Dont listen him if you dont like it but you have to stop critisizing him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:14 AM

If i was you, I wouldn't be dissing people who lurk around this forum....in all honesty.

I love Yngwie, I feel he's truly one of the best EVER, but never overlook the guitarists that lurk around the corners that no ones heard of. Some of them, FLAT OUT, would be able to destroy almost anyone.

I like when you said this "If you were better, you'd be known worldwide". Hehe, the first thing that popped into my head was how many singers out there are better than Britney Spears by leaps and bounds, but THEY'RE NOT known worldwide.

I want to defend the Yngster too, but be more of a politician in doing so, or you're up for flames. Remember, everyone has an opinion
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 09:40 AM

actually yeah, there is a dude here with the nick "Himself"

but really, what you mean is "is there anyone in this forum that is faster than YJM". not better. there are more styles of music than neo classical shred. you cant put a "he's best" or "he's better" tag on one guitarist.

what you consider "best" or "good" can be a completly different meaning to another guitarist.

I for example prefer one note of SRV than a 13 handed moster arpeggio YJM does (again not that this isnt cool either, im just giving you an example).

but i guess that when you grow up a little you wont flame other users because they didnt melt right away from 200km playing. because i know youstarting point to this thread is speed

YJM is a great shredder and is by far one of the fastest players i have ever seen, but the fact we have criticism on him dosnt mean we need to play faster than him. next thing you know you cant vote in election day because you'r not a politician
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:22 AM

Respecting someone as a musician, respecting them as a human being, and actually liking/listening to their music, are all completely separate things.

And none of them having anything to do with your playing ability.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:45 AM

Re: Is there anybody in this forum who plays better then Yng

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromonicon
Hey

I saw many topics in this forum that critisize yngwie malmsteen. Ok you may not like it that much but you have to respect him. Coz he plays better than you do. If you were better you would be known worldwide. He sold millions of albums and he has millions of fans all around the world. And you joke and critisize him. People say " he will lack in G3 " in this forum. What will you do if you were the 3rd one ? I'm sure you'd lack more than he would. Dont listen him if you dont like it but you have to stop critisizing him.
Firstly everybody is entitled to criticise as they see fit if that is their opinion.
Insults and comments about his weight are not relevant to a discussion over preferences in taste in music or his suitability to be on G3

and secondly in answer to you question
define 'better'

if you mean who do I prefer to listen to as I like them better than YJM, then:

Steve Vai forum name: Himself
Rob Balducci forum name: balducci
Dave Weiner forum name: daveweiner
Ricky Garcia forum name: Ricky Garcia
Eric Sands forum name: Sands
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 11:46 AM

so the answer to your question is YES
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:07 PM

Let's put it this way... There isn't a guitarist in the world who could record the rising force album at age 21, let alone write it... Without Yngwie, Steve vai would have sounded completely different, keep that in mind!!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:23 PM

And without Hendrix, they'd both sound completely different. Of course, without Howlin' Wolf and Robert Johnson, Hendrix wouldn't have sounded anything like he did, etc.

It's pointless and juvenile to say that somebody wouldn't be who they are if it weren't for somebody elses' influence. In some way or another, everybody is influenced by their peers or by those that they come into contact with.

This discussion is about as pointless as any "my dad can beat up your dad" discussion. At the end of the day, do you seriously think Yngwie cares if somebody doesn't like him or not? I'm pretty sure he's got better things to worry about. I'm also pretty sure that he couldn't care less if somebody stands up for him or not.

Peoples' tastes are different, period. It's a fact of life. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, regardless of whether or not that opinion is in sync with your own. Whining about it isn't going to solve anything.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:27 PM

Oh, now you've done it...

You've RELEASED THE FOKKKING FUUUURY!
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 01:30 PM

LOL Uh oh...umm...should I be afraid, or should I simply prepare myself for unrelenting peals of stomach-churning laughter resulting in possible long-term abdominal damage?

I'm inclined to think that the latter may be the way to go
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 03:59 PM
ns9

music=art
and as such...

best=opinion
good=opinion
opinion=voiced expression of one's perception of any stimulii, in this case, art.

I recently shared bands I found that I liked with several friends. Each friend got a different list tho, as their tastes run a bit different from one another, and happen to overlap some of mine. Which band is "best?" Which ones are "good?" Which ones "suck?" Then ask... What guitar is the "best?" What color is the "best?"

What baffles me is that there is such an incredibly large number of people on this planet that simply do not understand that certain things (such as art) are based on individual perception. Then again, that might lead to individual ideas, individual reasoning, people thinking for themselves, and actually questioning what they are told is fact, which would lead to non-conformity. And that would bring the world to a screeching halt wouldn't it? Hehehe... "I want to create a place where we are all equal, and allowed to think and believe what we each want. All who feel the SAME, put on this uniform, wear nothing else, and cut your hair the same way, dye it the same color; learn the rules for this freedom, so we can be identified as each being one of the UNIQUE ones. And if you don't, the "guy" who "told" me this is the way it should be will punish you."
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid.
It's just a shame stupidity isn't painful...
Nikki
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olof_Morck
Let's put it this way... There isn't a guitarist in the world who could record the rising force album at age 21, let alone write it... Without Yngwie, Steve vai would have sounded completely different, keep that in mind!!
And without Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie would have sounded completely different, keep that in mind!!
And about no other 21 year old guitarists being able to record the Rising Force album, that is in no way a fact- please don't present it that way. You may get off on him, but there are plenty of other folks who just don't think he's all that special- deal.

-Ben
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 06:26 PM
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9
It's just a shame stupidity isn't painful...
Nikki
Most of my stupidity ends in pain
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 07:18 PM

Reviews: 5
as far as I'm concerned, nearly every one on this forum is better than Yngwie.

People here have lots of talent. And most of them can manage to use more than just harmonic minor.

Here's a vote for my man Bob Oakman
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
And without Ritchie Blackmore, Yngwie would have sounded completely different, keep that in mind!!
And about no other 21 year old guitarists being able to record the Rising Force album, that is in no way a fact- please don't present it that way. You may get off on him, but there are plenty of other folks who just don't think he's all that special- deal.

-Ben
Dude, it's not a question of what gets me of, I quite rarely listen to Yngwie, it's a matter of understanding a musical genius or not.
And of course I don't care if yng cares if I stand up to him. People reasoned the same way about beethoven, in fact the bashing of Yngwie is almost identical to the bashing of beethoven (for the one who knows his music history). "All beethoven can do is impress with bombastic crescendos" was the word back then, "all Yngwie can do is play fast" is the word now. If you people had been alive in the 19ths, Im convinced you'd be the persons who critizied beethoven. Do not be too qick to deal out judgement, history has a tendency to prove you wrong.

I also stand by the FACT that no one alive today can do what he did at 21. Anyone dare prove me wrong?
Closed Thread

Tags
bob oakman , chris brooks , dave weiner , eric sands , guitar players , jason becker , marty friedman , ricky garcia , ritchie blackmore , rob balducci , robert johnson , steve vai , uli jon roth , yngwie malmsteen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode