for tomorrow dec. 8 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

for tomorrow dec. 8

be sure to wear your Dimebag and John lennon stuff.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 10:41 PM

Re: for tomorrow dec. 8

OMG its been 2 years already....
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 PM

Dont forget Randy Rhoads yesterday was his birthday.

Not to sound like a ***, but I almost cried when I heard about Dimebag...almost.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
Dont forget Randy Rhoads yesterday was his birthday.

Not to sound like a ***, but I almost cried when I heard about Dimebag...almost.
yeah randy would have turned 50 .

dude i almost did to . I woke up in the moring and checked my e-mails . I got an email that said dimebag killed at the alta rosa night club (or whatever the club name was ) i thought "oh this must be a review of the show and dime like played super great and like gave a guitar away" i opened it up and man the feeling i got sucked . dime was the reason i wanted to play guitar , the reason i started . i remeber going and picking up reinventing the steel when i was 13 (some heavy stuff to listen to when your 13) . that was 5 years ago . when i heard i read that e-mail i was so bummed out that i'd never get a chance to see one of his shows or meet him . i still feel that way when i think about it .

it is weird how someone you dont even know can make such an impact on you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
OMG its been 2 years already....

Regards

André

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 01:28 PM

RIP both of them...
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:18 PM

Reviews: 10
Cool Re: for tomorrow dec. 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post

dude i almost did to . I woke up in the moring and checked my e-mails . I got an email that said dimebag killed at the alta rosa night club (or whatever the club name was ) i thought "oh this must be a review of the show and dime like played super great and like gave a guitar away" i opened it up and man the feeling i got sucked . dime was the reason i wanted to play guitar , the reason i started . i remeber going and picking up reinventing the steel when i was 13 (some heavy stuff to listen to when your 13) . that was 5 years ago . when i heard i read that e-mail i was so bummed out that i'd never get a chance to see one of his shows or meet him . i still feel that way when i think about it .

At first when I read it in the paper I did not even know who they were referring to because the were using his real name I think Darrell Abbot and as I read on it said guitarist for Pantera shot in the head by a fan...?!? I was like what the heck...????!!!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2006, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.arledge View Post

My wife woke me up and told me that night after a friend IM'd it to me.
The first time I saw Pantera was back in 1992. They were playing with Skid Row, Love/Hate. and Megadeth was added to the bill at the last minute. At the time Megadeth was my favorite band ( this was just weeks before Countdown came out) but after the concert I went out and bought Cowboys and Vulgar and was sure to catch them everytime possible. I think I saw them 3 times total.

Tags
randy rhoads

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode