Too Funny! - ...memories of Jemfests past.... - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 03:53 AM Thread Starter

Too Funny! - ...memories of Jemfests past....

While we're all gearing up (excuse the pun) for Jemfest 2001, I went thru the photo galleries on Jemfest.com and came across some pics I hadn't seen in a while.
The shot that still floors me is this one of our JEM & J-Custom buddy David.
I think he's having a little too much fun with the Heart guitar.

Caption: *"Michael Angelo- Take THIS!!!"

That just cracks me up. *

Anyone else have funny pics from past Jemfests? *We'd love to see them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-27-2001, 09:56 AM

Too Funny!

Other than all the 'Ken got us lost in Vegas' pictures, I don't have anymore.

Gabe
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 12:08 AM

Too Funny!

Wait, I managed to dig up a picture of Kevan...

Friday afternoon, my boss told me the meeting in Korea on May 11 has been postponed. *That means I can now go to Jemfest. *Yeah! :biggrin: (If I knew this would happen I should have kept my original ticket and save the cancellation fee) :angryfire:

So I booked my ticket (again) and reserved a room at the Holiday Inn. *Everything is set. *I'll arrive Orlando Friday morning around 6 am. *Guess I'll see you all that day.

Now which guitar should I bring? *Let's see...
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 12:40 AM
Vendor

Too Funny!

I wanna see Kevan drooling over the Gold!! :biggrin: Glad to hear you can make it!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-29-2001, 01:41 AM Thread Starter

Too Funny!

ROCK ON! *Glad to hear you're gonna make (again) it David! *

Maybe you'll show me some of those Angleo licks you were pulling off on the Heart guitar! *
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-02-2001, 07:57 PM
ken

Too Funny!

Will I *ever* live down the whole "Ken got us lost" thingo?

Next time, you guys are walkin to the airport to get shirts...

:rotf:
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 02:30 AM

Too Funny!

What about the one where you guys where checking out the bikini chicks downstairs? But still the David Michael Angelo one comes out tops!
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 11:13 AM

Too Funny!

Good to hear you can make it David. *Gonna wear those fancy shoes again? *(see the vai.com Jemfest section if you don't remember). *David was a HUGE help last year at Jemfest. *This time instead of taking registrations at the door, maybe we can let him socialize a bit and play a bit more guitar because you kick azz at it!

Ken - I don't think the 'Ken got us lost' memory will ever die. *WE LOVE YOU MAN!!!! *

Gabe
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 03:24 PM

Too Funny!

Ah, those shoes...

Hey Chris since when I have a new nick name?
By the way, I am going to Singapore the week after Jemfest. *So if you need me to pick up a T-shirt or something let me know...

I think it'll be great fun this year - I can't wait. *Too bad Ken you are not going but we'll eat the Arby's for ya

Do we have sufficient transportation for off-site activities? *I can rent a vehicle at a pretty good rate. *I remember last year Ken, Jay and myself got stuck at a guitar store waiting for a cab for almost an hour. *I know some of you are driving this time, but if we need an extra set of wheels I'll go ahead and reserve one.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-03-2001, 07:47 PM

Reviews: 3
Too Funny!

I'll have the Blazer down there... fit 5 people and has A/C... what more do we need?

David, how are you going to top those shoes man? *Bust out the lifts with goldfish in the heel? *hahahaha.... I need to stop doing all that crack. *:loco:

Waiting for the cab was fun... especially since it was only like 256 F outside that day.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 02:47 AM

Too Funny!

I was just surfing around the vai.com Jemfest pages and I came across this insanely funny picture...actually the comments were the funny part check it out!

http://www.vai.com/News/jemfest/pic03.html

And the Shoes pic?

http://www.vai.com/News/jemfest/pic15.html'

Jemfest sure is a hell of a fun place to be...wish I could go!

Chris.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-04-2001, 10:31 AM

Too Funny!

The pages at the vai.com are excellent....way too cool those sneakers (how many 9v batteries do they use ?) :biggrin:

seeing all those pics, I just can imagine the good vibe in the room...man I'd love to attend Jemfest :angryfire:

well, maybe next year

c-ya
gilberto
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-16-2001, 01:38 PM

Too Funny!

Here's some new shots from this year not yet posted.

Is this a guilty face or what? *This is during the Hooters fire.

David Ho does it again!

Enjoy!

Gabe
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 07:41 PM

Too Funny!

The guitar David is fondling above belongs to Shane Regal. It was the best playing Jem at the fest. Considering the obvious cosmetic changes, I guess we could call it the Anti-VWH. That baby plays like butter.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-31-2001, 10:13 PM

Too Funny!

I actually like what Shane did to the guitar. *It's kinda like a reversed color scheme PBK with vines. *The VWH with gold hardware always reminded me a cheesy Cadillac :lame: *Sorry, I just don't dig the combination of pearloid/gold/white.

Tags
art guitar , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

sounds alike are funny
why is my high e string buzzing past the 12th fret?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode