Upcoming "Rush in Rio" DVD Info - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 12:04 PM Thread Starter

Upcoming "Rush in Rio" DVD Info

Saw this posted at DVDTalk forum this morning and thought I'd share the news. Looks EXCELLENT!!

"Rush in Rio" DVD Thread
DVD details:

Executive Producers - Allan Weinrib, Pegi Cecconi, Ray Danniels,
Bryan Domyan

Producers - Daniel E. Catullo III, Lionel Pasamonte, Larry Jordon
Director - Daniel E. Catullo III
Co-Executive Producers - Glenis S. Gross, Bob McClaugherty
Audio Producer - James "Jimbo" Barton

Track list:

Tom Sawyer
Distant Early Warning
New World Man
Roll the Bones
Earthshine
YYZ
The Pass
Bravado
The Big Money
Trees
Freewill
Natural Science
Closer to the Heart
One Little Victory
Driven
Ghost Rider
Secret Touch
Dreamline
Red Sector "A"
Leave That Thing Alone
The Rhythm Method
Resist
Limelight
La Villa Strangiato
The Spirit of Radio
By-Tor & the Snow Dog
Working Man

22 Cameras in 16x9 widescreen format.
Show contains 28 songs

2-DVD box set including a documentary of the band's tour in Brazil including footage from shows in Porte Alegre, San Paolo and Rio de Janeiro.

Extensive bonus features such as multi-camera angles, hidden scenes, photo gallery and exclusive footage provided by Rush

Audio in Dolby Digital Stereo, Dolby 5.1 Surround Sound and DTS
Digital Surround Sound. Also Sony PlayStation 2 compatible.

Mid-August release date hopefully and $25-30 price range.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-10-2003, 12:10 PM

I know! I've been reading up on that release with anticipation... lots of talk on it for a couple months now on the Rush forums... soooo psyched.

-Ben
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 12:42 PM

Reviews: 4
Can't be soon enough!
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 02:46 PM

I saw it in Rio. Cooollllllll.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-12-2003, 08:08 PM

can't wait!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 09:53 AM

I'm suprised nobody here has posted about the Rush in Rio DVD yet...it came out two weeks ago.

I consider myself an "inactive" Rush fan...They were a part of my formative years and i know most of the guitar licks and drum fills, but I don't listen to them much anymore.

That being said, the DVD is fantastic! The band sounds great - was very imperessed that Geddy can still sing like that (even though they took 2112 down a whole-step - still pretty high).

The picture quality is great as is the bands performance, although Neil could look a little happier...and what's up with his high-toms? He's got them in what looks like an extremely awkward position for playing them.

The crowd in Rio was killer - they were singing along and chanting and moving to every song - I didn't know Rush has such a loyal following down there.

The song list is very satisfying too - they don't leave you wishing that they'd played a certain song (although Hemispheres wouldn't have sucked)...there's plenty of great content here.

I didn't pay very much for it either - it doesn't break the bank - Definitely go pick it up if you have the chance and you love Rush.

Alex had a wide variety of guitars - mostly Gibsons and PRSs. Is he endorsing any one company these days?

~K
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-06-2003, 04:22 PM

I forgot this was coming out, I love Rush. I'm gonna order this now!

jim
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 07:12 AM

Y'know Kenny, I was thinking the same thing. Surprised that no one posted about it, but also not wanting to post anything because... no one was posting anything about it. Anyhow, you can call me an 'inactive' fan too... own their whole catalog, books, bandanas, etc. but rarely bust out 'Grace Under Pressure' or 'Caress of Steel' anymore.

I was one of those total Rush fans who bought it (and the 3-CD set) that morning it was released. I've seen them on every tour since 1990, so there's no doubt that I still love that band. The Rio crowd was phenomenal. The show was awesome. Really, it's a must-watch experience. I mean, seeing and hearing people sing along to YYZ and La Villa Strangiato... now those are fans!

But honestly, the 2nd DVD with the whole 'Boys In Brazil' documentary was sooo worth the price of the entire package. Just great footage and interviews of a band on the road, and you really got to see their personalities shine. Can't stress enough how any fan of rock music should really buy the DVD set, whether you're a Rush-head or not.

-Ben
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastofLove
but rarely bust out 'Grace Under Pressure' or 'Caress of Steel' anymore.
Did anybody ever listen to Carress of Steel more than once? Blech. I still like GoP though. I'm definitely into the Moving Pics-Counterparts era, myself.

Quote:
But honestly, the 2nd DVD with the whole 'Boys In Brazil' documentary was sooo worth the price of the entire package.
I really gotta find some time and watch that.
~K
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-07-2003, 07:14 PM

Yea... Caress of Steel was pretty... lacking. But c'mon... "Bastille Day", "Lakeside Park" and the 'Return of the Prince' part of "The Necromancer" (which is basically "Sweet Jane") are pretty rockin'!

I mostly vascillate between the Hemispheres / Moving Pictures / Permanent Waves stuff, and the synthy Signals / P/G / Power Windows / Hold Your Fire Rush.

And yes, put aside the time for that documentary!

Alex: "I think I've got a shrimp caught in my tooth"
Geddy: "What's a 'shrimp cot'?"

-Ben
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 01:57 AM
ns9

Hi!
Have a friend picking up a copy tomorrow (hope there is one in stock- local stores are a bit bare of non-mainstream stuff these days here).

Caress was awesome! Fly would be my fav, then Hemi, Farewell, 2112, All the World's and Permanent. Pictures was great too tho. And I even liked them when they ventured off the path a bit starting with Signals. Oh bah- I love em all! (except the first one- not a fav, andprolly one of the very few I wouldnt mind not having on a desert island. I wish I still had my old-style concert shirts from the late 70's early 80's now
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 09:24 AM

I forgot to mention- it's interesting that 'Rush In Rio' outsold the Indiana Jones boxed set the week that they were both released. That's sayin' somethin'.

Also it was interesting to see Sepultura's comments on the 'Boys In Brazil' footage... didn't know they were fans!

-Ben
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 05:16 PM

Quote:
I forgot to mention- it's interesting that 'Rush In Rio' outsold the Indiana Jones boxed set the week that they were both released. That's sayin' somethin'.

Also it was interesting to see Sepultura's comments on the 'Boys In Brazil' footage... didn't know they were fans!

-Ben
I bought both at the same store, so it wasn't my fault...

In Indy's defense, the Indiana Boxset is about 2-3x the price of the Rush DVD. They're both great!
~K
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-08-2003, 06:02 PM
ns9

Ok- got it today, awesome!!! Talk about a long concert!
I think I saw Neil smile twice. Nice to see Mr Potato Head still hangin in there! (Ralph and Johnny Bravo help me). The dryers are wayyyy too funny.
Nikki
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-09-2003, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ns9
Ok- got it today, awesome!!! Talk about a long concert!
I think I saw Neil smile twice. Nice to see Mr Potato Head still hangin in there! (Ralph and Johnny Bravo help me). The dryers are wayyyy too funny.
Nikki
I think there's a Buddy Christ (from "Dogma") by Mr. Potatohead too.

My friend told me that people would come out between songs at the concert and put quarters in the dryers...and that towards the end of the shows they'd throw the 'laundry' out to he audience - actually Rush T-shirts.

Neil smile during Alex's little 'Jazz' epilogue on La Villa. Too frickin' funny.

~K

~K

Tags
ernie ball

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

dragonforce info for sydney show

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode