Vai.com, yo! - Page 5 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 11:10 AM
dex

Antony and Mike

Dudes we like the little updates that you've uploaded on vai.com and we love the fact that you ask for sugestions here.
After all we are all fans of Steve and want to learn more and new things about him all the time.

It has come to our (Jemsite) attention that Ibanez are coming out with a new tremolo system to supercede(sp?) the EDGE.
It's called EDGE I and looks very futuristic.

What I and I'm sure everybody else want to know is whether Steve has recieved prototype Jems with the new trem installed and if he has what does he think of it so far?
Nothing major, just a few reasurring words would be great.
On the other hand if he has tested it extensively and has formed out an opinion it will be great if you can ask him to post his thought on it here.

Thanx guys.
Keep up the good work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:14 PM

A Big ditto! Steve's input on these new trems would be fantastic!
post #63 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-03-2002, 12:36 PM

Hello, thanx for thinking about updating the vai.com...
There one thing missing...
1) Some early pictures of Vai before passion and warfare... I don't know if it's DLR or whoever but it's quite impossible to find some pictures of Steve Vai and his gear from , let's say 1984 to 1989...
2) +More close up picture of all his guitars would be great too!!!

Thanx in advance if you can do that!
JS
post #64 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 03:54 PM

If, as legend has it, Steve ripped the curtains from his folks place for the Floral Jems. By the look of the latest update on Vai.com I'd say the matching carpet ended up on the floor at the Mothership.
post #65 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-05-2002, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant711UK
If, as legend has it, Steve ripped the curtains from his folks place for the Floral Jems. By the look of the latest update on Vai.com I'd say the matching carpet ended up on the floor at the Mothership.
Plus Steve looks a little tired in that picture!

Gabe
post #66 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:43 AM

ANOTHER UPDATE!!!!!!!

YAY!

Guys, go and check out what Steve has to say about his new album.

This is going to be absolutely sick!!!! And with Steve Vai masterminding this 'project'.......awww helll YEAH!
post #67 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Then the head of A&R at Epic started to run into a lot of new artists that were citing me as an inspiration so I got a call from the big guy (the one who you have to make an appointment to make an appointment to make a phone call to talk to) who thought it may be a good idea to invite some of these artists to play on my next record. You know, like Carlos Santana did.

I'm very apprehensive to do things that I feel are a cheap shot at trying to sell records but the idea of having an opportunity to work with some of my favorite musicians was compelling. We went to work and created a list of artists that would make the history books heavy. It's almost comical to think that some of these artists would want to contribute to a Steve Vai record so I thought, "Hmm, well, I'm not a pop star and although I would love to sell a lot of records and get my music on the radio it would have to be on my terms and that's a long shot."
The above is from Vai.com in the postcard section.
All I can say is "WOW" - What are we in store for???????

Out,
GP
post #68 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:51 AM

Every one of his 'postcards' is like a gift. I swear, it's like Christmas every time I read a new one.

(If you're reading, Steve)- Thanks for the info on the album and the historical perspective... it's always [corny] magical [/corny] to read one of your notes.

-Ben
post #69 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 12:07 PM

Best piece I've read in years.

Spot on about the 80s and how guitar playing has evolved through the 90s.
post #70 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 10:55 PM
MM

A tasty new treat...

Ask and ye shall receive...

http://www.vai.com/updates/index.html

- M
post #71 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:10 PM

Sweet!!!!!
post #72 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:17 PM

Re: A tasty new treat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MM
Ask and ye shall receive...
Words aren't enough... thank you!!!
-Ben
post #73 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-06-2002, 11:32 PM

Mike and Anthony.....you rock!!!!!

the pic in the evo history page with a flag on the headstock was taken in Chile! I was there! (april 27, 1997) that's the Chilean flag!

btw.....on that very show, I jumped on stage at the end and hugged Steve (and stole a pick from the mic stand )...........if somebody at the Vai camp took a picture of that, I would be sooooo happy
post #74 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 01:00 AM

Man! I'm losing a lot of sleep exploring Vai.com, and with this new territory, I'll stay awake another 18 hours

You guys just made me happy for another month
post #75 of 347 (permalink) Old 12-07-2002, 02:43 AM

Why cant i find the new info on evo?

i can't seem to find the link on vai.com for it....url please!

Tags
art guitar , baritone guitar , beautiful guitar , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , despagni jem , dna swirl , fire garden , fret markers , guitar mag , guitar playing , ibanez custom shop , michael schenker , monkey grip , neck joint , pat metheny , pickup ring , pickup rings , production model , scarf joint , sounding guitar , steve vai , strat bridge , string tension , tremolo system , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode