Vai.com, yo! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Vai.com, yo!

Hey everyone,

Anthony Garone here. I wanted to let you know that the vai.com torch has been passed on to both Mike Mesker, web extraodinaire, and myself. Basically, I wanted to let everyone know that we will be handling the site and there will regular updates to keep us all very happy.

What I'm really concerned about, since it is a site for the fans, is what you guys want to see on the site. Now, I can't guarantee that all of your suggestions will be implemented, however, they will be taken with serious consideration. The input from the fans is the most important input we could ask for; and since Mike and I are both fans, we already have some really exciting updates planned for the next week! We've met and discussed a lot of changes to the site to make it easier to navigate and to get rid of those nasty "coming soon" pages. And that's just the beginning!!

Thanks so much in advance for your suggestions, and don't ever hesitate to send me email with questions and whatnot. I will do my best to keep up and answer every single one. Steve and I have a really great relationship and if there's a question deserving an answer from the man "himself," I will do my best to get it.

Hope to hear from you all soon,
Anthony

email: anthony at garone . net (take out the spaces, and change the "at" to @)

Last edited by jemsite; 12-30-2004 at 09:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 02:58 AM

I'd like to see more of those little videos (maybe steve working in the studio, as well as more live stuff).
I'd like to see the "10 hour workout".
I'd like to maybe hear some outtakes from previously recorded stuff.
More to come as I think of them

Oh - and the address of the house Steve grew up in in Carle Place. I'd love to go by there and take a picture
~Kenny
post #3 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 04:25 AM

As far as the content, vai.com still owns every single site on the web, regardless of the poor updates lately.
Steve's letters, postcrads, personal updates, journal entries are the best. If we got more of those, as well as new photos & videos, it would be perfect.
post #4 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:26 AM

a section on the life of EVO
post #5 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 05:35 AM

COOL!!! New videos are defenetly a nice thing to see...maybe some old footage from earlier tours!!

Oh btw... now I remeber where I know YOU from. jonfinn.com, you are the webmaster for him... yeah he told me once during a lesson when we discussed some internet issues... COOL & good luck!!
post #6 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:11 AM
dex

Better photos of the guitars Steve still uses.
I realize that that section will be difficult to update as many of the guitars have been given away or put into storage, but an update on the ones Steve actually uses will be cool.

I agree that as far as content goes, Vai.com is very rich, but it'll be cool to get new info and updates about once a week.
Also pics. from the things that happen will be cool, like when you post stuff about Steve joining Queen on stage for a song, it'll be cool to have 2-3 photos there as well.
post #7 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:32 AM

I'd love to see some "behind the scenes with Steve Vai" type stuff in the studio, backstage on tour, whatever. It would be cool if you can do it.
post #8 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 06:40 AM

Some really advanced info on tour dates and things.

Definately the 10 hour workout- everyone would appreciate that

An index with links to all the interviews that steve's ever done, for guitar mags and things?

It's a great site-good luck with it!
post #9 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John
Steve's letters, postcrads, personal updates, journal entries are the best. If we got more of those, as well as new photos & videos, it would be perfect.
http://www.vai.com/allaboutsteve/stories.html

These are the Fire Garden Stories.. There's no link anywhere anymore, so if someone hasn't checked them out yet, do it soon before they are gone for good..

-Sava-
post #10 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 07:48 AM

basically, what dex said.

I think the guitar section is the one that interests people the most, especially people on this forum.

Apart from that I'd be happy as long as the site gets updated on a regular basis.
post #11 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 08:59 AM

May be a stretch but I'd like to see Vai write personal lessons every so often. Maybe include tricks he frequently uses, or some theory methods or anything in general to learning.
post #12 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 09:07 AM

Guitar lessons!
Including the 10 hour workout!!
post #13 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 09:12 AM

Thanks Anthony for the update, and best of luck with the site. I'm not a crazy about whiz-bang graphics and effects (especially the kind that require me to download new software). Although the presentation is important, what draws me is what probably draws most everyone else -- content: news, concert/tour updates, guitar and gear info, video/audio files, archived articles and lessons, cool photographs. There must be tons of stuff in the archive that won't ever make it to a release. Old footage, behind-the-scenes, what others have said. That'd be great.

I think Steve's postcards are terrific, but having checked out the "Fire Garden Stories" Sava linked us to, I'm glad they turned into a musical recording and not a novel.
post #14 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 09:47 AM

Its awesome that the site will be rejuvinated... thanks a lot for your msg and including Jemsite folks in the suggestion box! The pandorra's box opens you'll get an awful lot of feedback...

To make it easier on you I'm just breaking my suggestions down to my top three:

1) Putting the mailbag from fans back with those posted letters... that was very cool
2) The 10 hour workout
3) An update to Machines... for instance (yeah, this is nitpicky) it'd be soo awesome to have a larger picture of his 77GMC Jem, but more importantly a picture of his mirrored front Jem and PIA!

Much obliged!

-Alex
post #15 of 347 (permalink) Old 11-22-2002, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBHome
3) An update to Machines... for instance (yeah, this is nitpicky) it'd be soo awesome to have a larger picture of his 77GMC Jem, but more importantly a picture of his mirrored front Jem and PIA!
That's the sort of thing I'd like to see, get "in depth" with some of the touring guitars, have a look at the new neck on Evo, or what electronics are in the Flo guitar or the Pia guitar and so on.

I'd also like to pronounce my Fanboy-isms and say, which sunglasses does Steve wear, what sneakers does he play basketball in and so on, it might be that the right socks are the key to the tone we're all after

Tags
art guitar , baritone guitar , beautiful guitar , custom guitar , custom guitars , custom shop , despagni jem , dna swirl , fire garden , fret markers , guitar mag , guitar playing , ibanez custom shop , michael schenker , monkey grip , neck joint , pat metheny , pickup ring , pickup rings , production model , scarf joint , sounding guitar , steve vai , strat bridge , string tension , tremolo system , volume pedal

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode