Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Vai In The Future...........

3K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  SeanB 
#1 ·
What will Vai be doing in 10-15 years time? Will he still be using Ibanez. Will he still be touring?

#3 ·
No, Steve will have built the largest record-company empire on the planet and he will be considered the 'Elder-Statesman of guitar. Sort of like Dumbledor, he will become the 'Merlin": still coming up with little guitar lines nobody else has thought of....

at least I would like to think he'll be that way....

#9 ·
Which would lead to a perfect world!
I think Vai will still be seen as "that shredder dude" by all ignorant guitarists, but will in fact be into orchestral music hardcore. Maybe Eastern things, sort of the John McLaughlin route.
And he'll probably be playing on a 3 Channel Legacy and will have a mahogany bodied Jem: rootbeer, with gold hardware. I can see this, definitly. Sort of like his doubleneck electric/acoustic that he's got. And I think that he'll come out with a bridge pickup that is sort of a mix of the Breed and Evo 2, and a neck pickup between the Evo and the Breed. He'll have a signature single coil through DiMarzio that we can all buy. Hopefully.
smitty

#10 ·
I heard that he was going to be cryogenicly frozen and will be thawed out every 10 years for a month to release some new tasty jams.
But only because none of us have stepped up to the plate and become his heir.

There is a secret only the Masons and members of the "Members Only Jacket Society" know about. Which is that someone must walk on stage and take the guitar from Steves hands while he is playing live, and this person will be the next KING OF SHRED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.