Vai + Metropole Orchestra... - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Vai + Metropole Orchestra...

Hey dudes & dudettes,

I went to the 'Aching Hunger Phase II' show last night, and damn...it was effing amazing! The best show by Vai I've seen yet...and hey; they were filming it soooooooo: THERE WILL BE A DVD!

Anybody else was there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:37 AM

Re: Vai + Metropole Orchestra...

NO! I can't see my two most beloved musicians because they wouldn't come to Turkey. I would have expected more from them. Money's not everything after all. Joe or Steve do not need money now. I'm sick of watching them from DVD I want to hear them raw, I don't want editing or anything of that kind. I know Steve's Aching Hunger cannot tour but I talk about the general situation.
Come on man joe went to India, Should he come here he would have just as much audience.
I'm happy you liked it, but I really doubt there will be a DVD.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:23 AM

Hi Krizz

The first night was recorded for Audio..so im guessing there will be a CD ,
And the second was filmed for Dutch TV , but im sure it will be a DVD as well.

check some of the photos i took on the fri night ..as far as i know there wasnt any photographer on the sat because of the filming.

http://vai.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=152922#152922
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wis Redz of Silvanost
NO! I can't see my two most beloved musicians because they wouldn't come to Turkey. I would have expected more from them. Money's not everything after all. Joe or Steve do not need money now.
It's not Steve or Joe's fault. A tour can't be undertaken without a promoter, and if there are none in your country willing to invest in a Steve Vai or Joe Satriani tour, there won't be one. I'm sure they would both love to come and play for you if it was in their hands.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa55ion&Warfare
...And the second was filmed for Dutch TV , but im sure it will be a DVD as well...
There was an astonishing amount of nine cameras on the scene with a very professional crew (so did Co de Kloet tell us)...I cannot believe they would only do that for Dutch TV.

BTW. They actually told us explicitly they were recording for DVD...hehe
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie
It's not Steve or Joe's fault. A tour can't be undertaken without a promoter, and if there are none in your country willing to invest in a Steve Vai or Joe Satriani tour, there won't be one. I'm sure they would both love to come and play for you if it was in their hands.
well, i thought so but then I learned something that made my jaw drop. Some time ago someone here tried bring satch to Turkey. Then Joe's manager said that they wouldn't be interested unless they were paid nearly 3 times as much when they played in Switzerland. I would never thought something like that but it is true...

Anyway, I don'T know what time it was there when I posted my first post but it was morning here and I had just waken up from a pleasant dream in which I had read Joe was coming here. I found he was not...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizz
There was an astonishing amount of nine cameras on the scene with a very professional crew (so did Co de Kloet tell us)...I cannot believe they would only do that for Dutch TV.

BTW. They actually told us explicitly they were recording for DVD...hehe
It's good then. All the concerts that involves an orchestra are genarally recorded for later courses in conservatories... That's why I thought that they wouldn't release on DVD.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:39 PM

Good Lord.... he's actually playing a VSBL : )

I LOVE those...
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 04:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmeir
Good Lord.... he's actually playing a VSBL : )

I LOVE those...
Hehe yeah, and like last year; he gave it away a few hours later

This year one of the orchestrators that survived working with Steve --as Steve said himself; he's very neurotic when it comes to his music-- was the lucky boy.

Tags
joe satriani , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode