Van Halen & David Lee Roth Reunion? - Page 6 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #76 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 04:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by robcarcon
Sorry. At least it was a short comment.

Still would like to see Eddie do a solo project of just guitar stuff.
No problem, just a suggestion.

I, too, would love to see Eddie do an instrumental album. As far as I know, the guy's just been doing nuthin' for years. What a waste!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 05:08 PM

If you listen that interview I mentioned, he claims that he's been musically busy. Just not releasing anything yet.
post #78 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

I haven't listened to it. My dial-up connection is so doggedly slow I don't even bother with most downloads and multi-media stuff. I like to think he's been doing something. But being busy musically, obviously, can mean a lot of things. Still, I am keeping an open mind.
post #79 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 08:00 PM

That's a shame you've not listened to it, because he reveals all his secrets and demos the new stuff he's recorded with Steve Vai.

Actually, he says that he's been recording non stop, writing lyrics and singing, and has about ten albums worth of material now (though I'm sure he said that two years ago too...). He talks a lot about Wolfgang - the skin and bone one, not the wire and wood one. Wolfie's been playing drums and guitar and bass too and Ed's clearly proud. He says he's too busy making music to be a rockstar, he doesn't have a problem with Sammy (this was the morning of the announcement apparently) or Mike, even though he's not spoken to the latter in two years. He spoke a little of his illness and was tremendously upbeat.

It was really nice to hear his voice frankly, I'm a hugely optimistic fan. I picked up a guitar because of Edward and even if he does nothing else, I know I have pure gold in those VH CDs and am thus eternally grateful.
post #80 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 09:18 PM

Actually that interview was several months before the announcement - the radio station phoned him when rumours of a reunion with Sammy first surfaced.
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 01:07 AM

I hear a few of you Jemsters slagging off the Balance album. IMO if you look at the last 2 songs that Sammy sung with VH (Feelin and Human's Being) then you can see that VH were current with the day when he left last time. Those are 2 of my favorite VH songs and since we are mostly guitar players on this forum, then none of us can deny the fact that Ed rips (both with the rhythm and lead Sections) on both of these songs. If VH can release a new album with at least 4 songs that match those 2, then we should be grateful that they haven't retitred.

Just so you know my fave VH album is Fair Warning, which even though it is as old as me, is still one of the most complete albums I have ever heard in my life. Ijust wish Randy Rhoads was alive for longer so that Ed had another guitarist (in a full-time band, sorry but this is to exclude SSV) that maybe could've taken some of the publicity away from VH in the early 80's which mightn't have lead to DLR leaving in the first place.
But we can't change the past so I won't ramble anymore.
post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-09-2004, 04:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyo5150
If VH can release a new album with at least 4 songs that match those 2, then we should be grateful that they haven't retitred.
I'm not sure I understand your point of view. I think an album should have 10 good songs, give or take. If it's only got a couple, three or four good songs, it's only an EP, and they should go back to the drawing board.

As far as VH being current, they've always been ahead of the curve IMO. If they are just current, then they're behind.
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpd111
I'm not sure I understand your point of view. I think an album should have 10 good songs, give or take. If it's only got a couple, three or four good songs, it's only an EP, and they should go back to the drawing board.

As far as VH being current, they've always been ahead of the curve IMO. If they are just current, then they're behind.
Bpd111-
I must be more "Simon Cowell" than you.....because very rarely have I listened to an album...by anyone...with what I call 10 good songs.

Maybe a greatest hits disc from some??

I am a huge Van halen fan.....and I don't recall 10 good songs on any of their albums??

3 or 4 good songs on an album....from anyone is all I ask to be good....any more than that, and you have a awesome album.
post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarWizard
Quote:

Bpd111-
I must be more "Simon Cowell" than you.....because very rarely have I listened to an album...by anyone...with what I call 10 good songs.

Maybe a greatest hits disc from some??

I am a huge Van halen fan.....and I don't recall 10 good songs on any of their albums??

3 or 4 good songs on an album....from anyone is all I ask to be good....any more than that, and you have a awesome album.
When it comes to music I like, I'm easy. I even like every song on Diver Down. So there!
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 09:20 AM

Man ....you are easy. Ed even hates that one.
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 02:48 PM

VH is playing here in a couple months with Sammy. I like DLR, Sammy, and Garry Cherone. They all (at least at one point) had killer voices. All three are very talented. I don't know how it'll go this time around, one can only hope for the best. Despite the issues they've had in the past, maybe they'll be over it : )
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 06:01 PM

Quote:
When it comes to music I like, I'm easy. I even like every song on Diver Down. So there!
In my book at least, you have excellent taste.

Tags
david lee roth , eddie van halen , eric clapton , gary cherone , guitar players , jimmy page , joe satriani , michael anthony , playing guitar , randy rhoads , robert plant , sammy hagar , steve vai , stu hamm , van halen

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode