Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Van Halen reunion tour cancelled

5K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  Ayrton 
#1 · (Edited)
EDIT! Van Halen tour cancellation cancelled! Scroll down to see the latest. 4 concerts postponed due to Eddie having health concerns. :(

So who had "March 3" in the worldwide betting pool?

From melodicrock.com

VAN HALEN TOUR CANCELLED:
Gossip website TMZ.com is reporting all remaining 2008 Van Halen tour dates have been cancelled.

I can confirm, 100% that this is absolutely correct and there will be no further live shows at this time. We can get to the reasons behind this decision in a later update - but right now I can confirm that the tour is off, but I'm told that there is still some hope that dates might be rescheduled at a later date (to be determined at some other point in time...).
I can add that any possible issues with vocalist David Lee Roth are not behind the tour cancellation.

See less See more
#5 ·
Interesting, so everyone that has tickets for this month MIGHT get lucky and get to go but everyone else is screwed :rolleyes:

I actually was kinda proud EVH was staying sober for this tour and I was hoping things were turning around for my childhood idol. The tour manager needs to have guys posted around EVH at all times to keep him off the booze. :(

#9 ·
The tour manager needs to have guys posted around EVH at all times to keep him off the booze. :(
I wish it were that easy.

There is only one person who is gonna make Ed stay off of booze, and thats Ed.
Ed needs to learn Personal Responsibility. The tour manager can't fix him, his doctors can't fix him, and Wolfie can't fix him.
Until Ed realizes he has hit the bottom, and that he is muddying up his legacy, he'll never get straight.

I love Van Halen, they are one of my favorite bands of all time and I consider Van Halen one of the best American Bands of all time. And that why it's tough to see Ed screw everything up.

I refused to go see Van Halen on this tour, (I have seen them live 13 times) because they kicked Mike out of the band for chicken**** reasons.

#8 ·
The latest: It's back on!

VAN HALEN DALLAS, CINCINNATI, RALEIGH, & BALTIMORE CONCERTS POSTPONED

LOS ANGELES, CA -- March 3, 2008
The Van Halen concerts in Dallas, Cincinnati, Raleigh, and Baltimore have been postponed. According to Eddie Van Halen's physician, he is undergoing a battery of comprehensive medical tests to determine a defined diagnosis and recommended medical procedures.

The March 3rd Dallas concert at American Airlines Center has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 24, 2008; Cincinnati's March 5th concert at U.S. Bank Arena has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 22nd; Raleigh's March 7th concert at RBC Center has been rescheduled for Sunday, April 13th; and Baltimore's March 9th concert at 1st Mariner Arena has been rescheduled for Tuesday, April 15th.

Fans should retain their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled concerts or ticket refunds will be issued at the original point of purchase.

#11 ·
You have a good point. Sometimes we smell blood and well, you know how that goes ;)

I don't think most people want to see EVH fail. We get so emotional about his success or failures because he was a big part of why most of us play guitar in the first place. I think we want to see him succeed but feel let down when he falters.

I wish him all the best and HOPE he gets things together and even turns things upside down by putting out a mind blowing album in the near future. Wishful thinking I know, but I'm trying to be a little more positive about the situation, I'm also not holding tickets for an upcoming show ;)

~Bones

#16 ·
Well, that ate my show. To be honest though, I'm actually becoming a little concerned that Eddie might be sick. It would be nice if the VH folks would offer a glimpse into what the story really is, so that people aren't speculating about drugs and alcohol. He's had a hip replacement, and battled cancer, so he's had his share of real (read as 'non self-imposed') medical problems. Given that they've cancelled shows before due to abuse, they have to know some folks are thinking that is the case this time as well.

Anyway, feel better Ed, see you when I do.

#17 ·
Even with all the stuff that has gotten true EVH fans down in the past, I think we would still hate to lose Ed. That would be a VERY sad day. I hope we get more info.

~Bones

#24 ·
Really it was rather reserved. Alex looked like he was getting way up there in years, and I think Wolf actually fell asleep at one point. DLR and Eddie looked like they were having a blast though, and it was a good show.

I had tickets down front, and saw David and Eddie kidding around off stage, so hopefully they are getting along.

#28 ·
Alex looks like Keith Richards on a bad day :lol: He looks OLD. It's tough to say if Eddie is the Eddie of old, because most of what he does isn't all that difficult to do. He sounded great, I'll give you that, but lots of the guys who followed him could play circles around him. That was true 20 years ago as well. But as far as entertainment value goes, it was a great show :D
And you never saw so many hot 40 year old women in your life :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.