Vicar Street - TWICE!!! - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 09-28-2001, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Vicar Street - TWICE!!!

any other Irish people on this site that Im not aware of, or anyone feel like coming to Ireland for the Vai gig, maybe we could all meet up before somewhere for a pint or twelve

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-04-2001, 08:52 AM

Vicar Street

h*ll
, You know i'm there. Would yur mate john from college be interested in going? I dont think that there are any other Irish Jemsiters other than us.?...

If there are post to prove...
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2001, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Vicar Street

mark is goin man, so thats three anyway, but I think hes only goin for one night (hmmmmmpf....lightweight :sarcasm.

John likes Vai, so I think he may come one night, but he may find our cueing tactics odd....... and perhaps a tad fanatical. (recall DT shepheards bush :rotf
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 07:56 PM Thread Starter

Vicar Street

I think we can safely say we are the only two!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 08:51 AM

Vicar Street

Yes quite possibly which would explain the lack of Good; Bands, Bars, Gigs, Music, Chicks, Jobs, Cars and Food in Ireland.

Choose Ibanez Jem- For a better quality of living.

-James
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-06-2001, 08:00 AM

Vicar Street

Steve and James.

Are you two the only Irish guys that post here? If so does that mean that Ireland is the only country to achieve 100% attendance from its Jemsiters at Jemfest?!? You boys are my new personal heroes!

Anyway, back to the gig. Steve I was thinking of you right in the middle of the the Manchester gig. Vai was trying to copy that thing that you do when, as his technique wasn't as sharply defined as yours, he picked up the guitar and hit a perfect series of ghost-harmonics with his chin/tongue!

I double-dare you to do that at next years Jemfest!! :rotf:

Anyhow, I've put up a thread to try and keep all of the UK & ireleand gig reviews in one spot. Rather heroically Pablo came down from Glasgow to Manchester and the happy tale is recounted here also -> UK & Ireland reviews

Enjoy the gig, go wild and then post a review when you get back.

- ade
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2001, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Vicar Street

well I have this thing I do with two ping-pong balls, but I didnt have any with me at jemfest Ill try to think of novell way of playing guitar next time, hmmmmm........

as far as we know we are the only two Irish people here, and yes that does mean a 100% rocktastic attendance record at jemfest!

Ill post a review in that forum as soon as I have one!

Steve

ps PABLO ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pps dare accepted

(Edited by Devo at 9:09 pm on Dec. 7, 2001)
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2001, 05:39 PM

Vicar Street

I've recenlty discovered this site and just had to post here - sorry to ruin the 100% attendance (sort of)

Going to both nights at VS - can't wait - it's such a cool venue - saw Satch there last year and you could literely walk up to the stage and shake hands with him! - also I remember during the good 'ol "toss the plecs to the crowd" some guy walked up to joe and handed HIM a plec!! What a great idea! I'll be bringing a few to Vai!
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-07-2001, 06:25 PM

Vicar Street

Viable - Welcome on board. Make sure you hook up with Devo and Jem10, they're an awesome set of rock-mungugs smashies! Not-arf.

Devo will be the one wearing a Jemfest shirt and showing Steve how to play some hot licks!! ha ha

For identification purposes Devo isn't the ugly one. :rotf: Sorry Simon!

Seriously though Jemsite is a great place to hang out, there's a cool global community of players here - enojy the gig, post your review and do spend some time surfing through these boards.. if you've only just joined there's a lot of catching up to do!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 07:13 AM Thread Starter

Vicar Street

Hey welcome man!

vai wont be seated and calm like the satch concert, last time the whole place went wild, totally wild! he really brought the house down.

dont worry you havent ruined the 100% attendance record....... yet

we may be holding a mini jem jam after the concert on tuesday or wednesday, your welcome to join us.

looking forward to seeing you at Vai!

If you see me say hi! I probably wont be wearing that vai hat though, I will be wearing, however, a jemfest UK t-shirt!!!!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 03:36 PM

Vicar Street

I'll keep an eye out for that t-shirt/hat! If you see a long haired guy dressed in black thats me (i'm sure no one else at the gig will look like that!) Oh BTW I have to confess to owning two JS's though!No Jems yet until they ditch that damn monkey grip!
Missed Via's last gig in VS - kinda was hoping it would've been seated like Satch - it kinda made a really cool atmosphere(+ girls severing drinks direct to your table was great!) but I'm sure I'll wind up going mad with the rest of yez -
bringing the misses Sun nite (lol fitting in nicely with the "only guitar players and their girlfriends go to Vai gigs!) so might have to be reasonably well behaved - but Mon nite I'm may be going alone if i can't convince some of my mates to go
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 12-08-2001, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Vicar Street

js are cool and most certainly welcome at any jem jam!

bout time the high end Ibanez players over here got together and had a jam anyway.

will see you at the concert man, you wont miss me it will be too cold to display the t-shirt outside so look for the most "unsuspecting guitar player" (quote from partick deno I think) standing near the front of the queue. stupid short ish blonde hair cant miss me. You even got a pic of me from the fabulous mr foden.

(Edited by Devo at 12:42 am on Dec. 9, 2001)
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 05:45 PM

looks like i found this thread about 6 months to late......
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-29-2002, 05:47 PM

looks like i found this thread about 6 months to late......

Tags
guitar players , ibanez jem , monkey grip , playing guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode