Weird but cool effect of playing guitars strung differently - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 03:19 PM Thread Starter

Weird but cool effect of playing guitars strung differently

This sounds like two different players, phrasing wise. Really cool stuff which makes me want to buy a lefty guitar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXMVviUoPaM

I always founded lefties interesting, to say the least. My first girlfriend in high school was lefty, my second girlfriend in high school was lefty, and my next girlfriend in college was lefty. What are the odds of that other than there's something interesting about being lefty. I wonder if I will find a left handed guitar as appealing?

Last edited by 63Blazer; 07-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 08:33 AM

Re: Weird but cool effect of playing guitars strung differently

It's funny, the hardest part physically of playing guitar is the hand on the neck.
So why do you put your left hand on a the neck of a right handed guitar?
I think that should be a left handed guitar.

I started out left handed but most things are right handed so now I'm both!

I play, "right handed guitars".
I feel this has made it easier for me.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-24-2014, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Re: Weird but cool effect of playing guitars strung differently

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
It's funny, the hardest part physically of playing guitar is the hand on the neck.
So why do you put your left hand on a the neck of a right handed guitar?
I think that should be a left handed guitar.

I started out left handed but most things are right handed so now I'm both!

I play, "right handed guitars".
I feel this has made it easier for me.
In a right handed world I have come across a ton of lefties who can play a right handed guitar better.

It also happens in sports, too where there are left handers who learned to throw and bat right handed and grew up better that way than the natural lefthandness they were born with. Sometimes they can do the sports task left handed, too but are usually better with the hand they worked out most on as a youth, thus the left handed kids who only had access to a right handed mit and batting right handed like the rest of the team.

Sometimes you have guys like Ichiro in baseball or Phil Mickelson in golf who do extremely well left handed, but it's usually a right handed dominance that make a lot of lefties choose the right hand in sports. I use a two handed backhand and can easily use a two handed forehand so switching is not as hard for me on tennis groundstrokes.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode