what do you think about the line 6 toneport - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

what do you think about the line 6 toneport

well... sound quality ease of use whatever, how do you feel about it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 11:38 AM

Re: what do you think about the line 6 toneport

I dig mine. The sound quality is nice and it's really easy to use. Highly recommended. It's a lot of fun to download presets that other players have made.

One thing though, make sure you have a speedy computer with 2GB of ram on board to minimize any latency issues.

-miKe
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2008, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obfuscolios View Post
I dig mine. The sound quality is nice and it's really easy to use. Highly recommended. It's a lot of fun to download presets that other players have made.

One thing though, make sure you have a speedy computer with 2GB of ram on board to minimize any latency issues.

-miKe
granted i should have looked into it more, but it allows you to say record over a backing track or whatever?
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 03:30 AM

you could spend a little more and get a used POD pro or similar - I have one and they are pretty good.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-18-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyCakes View Post
granted i should have looked into it more, but it allows you to say record over a backing track or whatever?
Sorry about the late reply...

Yeah, you can jam over backing tracks. The software that comes with it is really flexible.

-miKe
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 07:55 AM

how many tracks does the software have? I want to be able to record 2 or 3 guitar tracks on top of each other, and be able to punch in fairly easily. (still looking for something that will help me write 2 and 3 parts when Im by myself).

My laptop doesnt have a good sound card so even a good mic running into it sounds like crap. But it looks like this toneport kind of basically IS a sound card. Such that if I ran a SHURE SM57 into it that was mic'ing my cab it would actually sound pretty good?

also, any latency issues there?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 08:21 AM

Hello. I think that the following post will help you.

I'm a massive fan of all of Line 6's amps - I'm a firm beliver in the POD and I have a tone port that I use alot too.

1) I dont use the recording package that came with it, the tone port, but you can record many tracks and puch in as much as you want. I use Adobe Audition - its really simple to use.

2) You nailed it, essentially the toneport will act as a sound card, and due the fact that it uses usb there is no latency at all. Or rather very little latency. This means if you want to use one of the simulated amps you can play and record in real time.

3) In addition to this it is very possible to put a mic infrount of the amp and use the toneport as a little pre/power amp mic station to record from a 'live' sounding rig.

If there are any problems then get in touch.

Chris

Tags
backing track , pod pro

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode