What It Meant To Me - My turn. Enter at your own risk. - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 07:49 PM Thread Starter

What It Meant To Me - My turn. Enter at your own risk.

I may be accused of over-posting in this topic, but Jemfest was pretty much the event of the year for me. I don’t get out much. I have never had that much fun without getting laid and thrown in jail.

I really feel as though I made some new friends. I don’t have many friends that understand the whole guitar thing, so that is a big deal for me. I am disappointed that I didn’t have more time to get to know all the cool people there. Maybe next year.

I hope I behaved well enough that some of you will stay in contact with me. I have a difficult time behaving. I feel I did pretty well… and no, I didn’t start the fire.

I am not trying to start any drama here. I just felt it was my turn for the “what Jemfest meant to me” post. (still waiting for the long post from Kevan) I know that interest in the topic will wear off soon, but for me it’s like it just happened last week.

Wait! It was last week. Jeez… Time crawls when you’re not jamming and drinking beer. That’s my point. I almost never get to do that, especially in the company of so many musicians and friends.

Thanks

Now that I know how it goes, I will try to be more help next year if you will have me. Watch for a report from the next Texas, Mini-Jemfest, as we rip it up in Houston and keep the fire alive.

The oldest Jemster,

B:mc:B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 10:07 PM

What It Meant To Me

Bob, you don't know how badly I wanted to go, meet you and the others, and especially Jam with ya!!! Business seems to be the reason I miss out on a lot of things in my life. But business also seems to be the reason I have all the things I want in life. Sort of a catch 22 I guess.

I am jealous of all that went. Sounds like a great time. Friday night was my first real 'gig' in around a decade. I read one of your posts that your hands were shakin. I know the feeling. We opened for our keyboard players cousin at a local club. There were around 250 people. I couldn't have started out in a smokey, 25 person, backroom bar could I? NOOOOO. I am lucky enough to be surrounded by purely incredible musicians who think covering Chick Corea tunes is childs play. They drowned me out most of the night.... LOL... We got plenty of cheers, had plenty of fun, and got a lot of free booze. Now I remember what I got into music for - THE FREE BOOZE!!!

I saw the video of ya. Would have loved to have been standin next to ya... you are a wonderful player. Someday we will jam...

Dave
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-17-2001, 11:27 PM
Vendor

What It Meant To Me

JemFest, cool guys (and girl), cool guitars, cool music, great players, 7 days out of the house, 4 without a computer. I LIKE IT!! :biggrin:
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 11:04 AM

What It Meant To Me

OK, Rich, you had me believing everything until you said

"4 without a computer"...

C'mon, you were going through withdrawl without your email man LOL
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-18-2001, 09:44 PM
Vendor

What It Meant To Me

I was, but the longer I stayed away from it, the more I didn't miss it!! You'll find me taking many more 'few day' breaks in the future! It was good for the head.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-19-2001, 02:11 PM

What It Meant To Me

I wish I could've gone.

*sigh*

Just makes me look forward to the next Bob Oakman Git-down 2001™ even more.

Keep me posted! :biggrin:

Tags
bob oakman

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode