Who esle is dissapointed to the song Frangelic part 2 in Sound theories from Steve Va - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-17-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
Who esle is dissapointed to the song Frangelic part 2 in Sound theories from Steve Va

Hey there,
I'm into the first 3 min of the song and I felt really dissapointed until the piano started playing. I was expecting something else so that might have to do something with it. The part where he uses more 'classical' instrumetns like the harp though feel more empty. Just spitting notes. It's basically a mix of Frank's influence, some Jazz and Steve's own sound but I don't see a single trace of classical here. Do you? Ok, I write as I listen. It's not a piece for orchestra in classical music as I envision it. This is more like a Big band/ Jazz thing. It's alright, it doesn't drives me crazy like FTLOG , Warm Regards or Tender Surrender but it's not bad. I know that Steve is not a fan of Baroque, or Beethoven. But this doesn't sounds like Debussy or Liszt to me. Perhaps a little like Copeland(I only know Fanfare for the Common Man.) It's more like that famous American song they play in Fantasia. I think is : Rhapsody In Blue. I mean it represents the same kind of spirit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-22-2010, 03:17 PM

Re: Who esle is dissapointed to the song Frangelic part 2 in Sound theories from Stev

I didn't like the entire album! Sure, some parts are good but I've heard it all before. I have many versions of tender surrender...which brings me to another quick note. I vowed not to buy vai stuff for awhile...it's just not doing it for me. Most of it is a wall of noise or whammy feedback...and who can't do that?! I figured I would give it another try after being so disappointed in sound theories so I bought where the wild things are. It happened again! Very disappointed! I know I'm not getting that old, but musically, mostly, it sounds like a wall of noise. With sound theories they work with all the feedback and strings, etc etc. then Steve goes...I wrote that. yeah, it was cute, but i can't listen to more than 10 seconds of it. I'm not questioning his musicianship at all. He is one of the best but his guitarmanship seems to be overshadowed by all this experimental feedback wall of sound noise with cool rack units. Jack Butler days were some of the best days!

Tags
classical music , frank zappa , jazz , orchesta , steve vai

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode