Who was it that finally made you pick up the guitar - Page 4 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 02:09 AM

Thumbs up Re: Who was it that finally made you pick up the guitar

1 WORD:
CACOPHONY. Hearing them play 'Go Off' made me go off and spend hours learning to shred, and here I am. Yippee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cacophony.jpg (12.4 KB, 0 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 49 (permalink) Old 09-25-2013, 12:21 PM

Re: Who was it that finally made you pick up the guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdog777 View Post
This was what did it for me:

I was only about 13 at the time, but I remember thinking....."yeah, I wanna do that..."
While I already played folk guitar this is what turned me onto electric guitar, too. I really liked Paul's Ibanez Iceman, too but I was drawn more to the Les Paul. With liking the Les Paul I listened to everything that had it which then was mostly classic rock but then I found I liked all the Stratocaster tones from those bands, so it was the strat for me. Way back then it was the poorly run post-Leo yet pre-Schultz Fender, and the company could not effectively put out decent strats at good prices so I went with Ibanez, the Blazer, thus my moniker. I did get those Les Pauls later on but they never really matched the quality of Ibanez.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 09-26-2013 at 11:56 AM.
post #48 of 49 (permalink) Old 10-06-2013, 09:21 PM

Reviews: 4

Vai & Mike Keneally on the Fire Garden tour. That was a magical night.
post #49 of 49 (permalink) Old 02-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Ritchie Blackmore, Ted Nugent and my older brother. He literally MADE ME pick it up

Tags
alexi laiho , david lee roth , electric guitar , guitar players , guitar playing , ibanez catalog , iron maiden , john petrucci , motley crue , nylon strings , pinch harmonics , pink floyd , rusty cooley , steve vai , string guitars , ted nugent , van halen , vernon reid

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode