Why is this guy not on G3 tour ? - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 37
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:49 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Why is this guy not on G3 tour ?

Such great feeling and technical ability!! Awesome!!!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:50 AM

Re: Why is this guy not on G3 tour ?

Because,

he's generic, young, has the guitar face and can be identified with by the 12yr olds of the world out there and younger generation. Its all about the profits dude, there's a million guitar players out there that totally dwarf Vai & Satch musically... They know this hands down they aren't that stupid. There only in it for the money.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Zedd View Post
Because,

he's generic, young, has the guitar face and can be identified with by the 12yr olds of the world out there and younger generation. Its all about the profits dude, there's a million guitar players out there that totally dwarf Vai & Satch musically... They know this hands down they aren't that stupid. There only in it for the money.
I disagree some , vai is original and satch , so it's their songs and work that ar marketable also. I can cook a good hot dog , but i don't know sh*t about making one.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 08:54 AM Thread Starter

Also Vai makes some pretty *** faces ,lol.. (Tender surrender).
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 12:01 PM

I agree he is finding his own music and not just another vai impersonator.
Love to see him on G3.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

There's no doubtinghe's a great player, but he's not on the G3 tour because he's another youtube guitargod.

How many albums has he got out? Who makes his signature model? What was the name of his column in the leading guitar magazine? Who is he?

He plays great, there's no doubt, but he's not G3 material, not yet.

I could see him opening for one of the G3 guys on a solo tour "Satch in Sau Paulo with special guest" Heck, I remember when Eric Johnson was opening for Satch, so it's not bad company to be in
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 02:40 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
There's no doubtinghe's a great player, but he's not on the G3 tour because he's another youtube guitargod.

How many albums has he got out? Who makes his signature model? What was the name of his column in the leading guitar magazine? Who is he?

He plays great, there's no doubt, but he's not G3 material, not yet.

I could see him opening for one of the G3 guys on a solo tour "Satch in Sau Paulo with special guest" Heck, I remember when Eric Johnson was opening for Satch, so it's not bad company to be in
I was about to say all this. He's just another youtube guy, one of thousands.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM

How many people are going to buy a ticket to specifically see this guy?

Answer - a damn sight less than Vai/Satriani/Petrucci/Gilbert/Malmsteen/Johnson etc.

So that's why he's not on G3...
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:47 PM
Banned

you know what the old astronaut said;

"no one ever remembers what the name of the 2nd guy to land on the moon"
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 04:52 PM

If ANYONE needs to get on G3...it needs to be Andy Timmons. When I spoke to Andy he said he'd love to do it, and he's shared the stage with Vai and Satch numerous times before.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 06:28 AM

Here's my honest take on it.. technically he's as good as anyone really.. and he really looks like he's having fun.. the clip was great!.. BUT.. it was a four minute plus guitar solo.. is wasn't a song.. if you hear a Satriani tune or an Andy Timmons tune.. there's an intro mian head or verse and chorus, a bridge and a solo, out chorus, etc.. all the parts that you would find in any song with vocals.. only the guitar becomes the singer.. you still have to have a song and the song and melody are king..
Non guitarist listeners and non-guitar/music geeks can still listen to those guys because they can still identify that there's a song.. the average non-guitar/non-guitar geek won't buy a ticket to sit there and listen to ANYONE do 5 minute guitar solos all night long.. its over load on the brain with memorable parts.. melody, chorus/hook, etc..
There are a ton of phenomenal players out there on youtube, but a lot of them never play anything resembling a song.. and pure chops, speed or technical facility.. no matter how great simply aren't enough.

Last edited by JackButlerGOT; 02-02-2010 at 06:28 AM. Reason: spelling
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackButlerGOT View Post
Here's my honest take on it.. technically he's as good as anyone really.. and he really looks like he's having fun.. the clip was great!.. BUT.. it was a four minute plus guitar solo.. is wasn't a song.. if you hear a Satriani tune or an Andy Timmons tune.. there's an intro mian head or verse and chorus, a bridge and a solo, out chorus, etc.. all the parts that you would find in any song with vocals.. only the guitar becomes the singer.. you still have to have a song and the song and melody are king..
Non guitarist listeners and non-guitar/music geeks can still listen to those guys because they can still identify that there's a song.. the average non-guitar/non-guitar geek won't buy a ticket to sit there and listen to ANYONE do 5 minute guitar solos all night long.. its over load on the brain with memorable parts.. melody, chorus/hook, etc..
There are a ton of phenomenal players out there on youtube, but a lot of them never play anything resembling a song.. and pure chops, speed or technical facility.. no matter how great simply aren't enough.

This.

Songwriting isn't something you can just lock yourself away with a metronome and woodshed though unfortunately (not for me anyway).

Having said that, I don't have the chops or songwriting skills, so the kid is way ahead of me.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 09:50 AM

I think you can work on songwriting.. working with chord voicings, rhythmic subdivisons.. dabbling in various styles and genres.. working on arranging, etc.
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 02-02-2010, 02:29 PM

+1 to the
"G3 In São Paulo, special guest: Gustavo Guerra" theory.
He's a lowprofile person, very downtoearth nice guy, and has some fans here in Brazil.
That's it. Nothing more.
Gustavo has a 3 year old carreer and here in Brazil we just have TONS of good guitarrists with kinda 25 years of guitar carreer.
A lil example of this is our friend Edu Ardanuy.
He knows how to keep the rock rolling:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWTALJ2BFcs
and make sure to check out his band: DR. SIN

Tags
guesta guerra g3

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode