The worst thing you'll hear all year - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-22-2015, 07:08 PM Thread Starter

The worst thing you'll hear all year

This came up in another thread where a member asked me what I could possibly be doing to break a whammy bar a year- here you go

"Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570
I still want to know how you break them. Normal trem abuse? Prying a car door open? Cracking walnuts in the trem cavity?
I'm sparse with my trem bar use I guess."

The most abuse is usually on the sustainer guitar where I get out the Vai induced antics, like karate chopping, smashing, windmilling, and propulsions, rocket propelled flutters, Improvised Exposive Divebombs (also known as an IED for short), Electro- Magnetic Pull-ups (sustainer induced pulling up on the bar, for short called an EMP)"

I took this video as a joke a few months ago for some of my friends who hate both steve Vai and pop music (especially the electronic stuff). While I have a certain enjoyment for electronic music (because i have synesthesia and can actually see the various sounds as colors effects and textures) for some reason the sheer horribleness and unoriginality of the songs lyrics pissed me off.

So I made this, which is an accurate depiction or *sometimes* what can happen when I'm mentally in the mood to work out but want to play the guitar instead

"I heard this horrible song on the radio or something and actually heard some kind of sustainer induced abuse of the laws of magnetics to go along with it. I decided to make it 1000% worse than the original song completely for fun. I'm sorry you had to hear this. "

http://youtu.be/Bjg7xox4oPE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2015, 07:37 PM

Re: The worst thing you'll hear all year

What the...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2015, 08:41 AM

man this is fkin awesome, it takes a lot of skill to do those last 15 seconds! I actually like it...
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 05:27 AM

Very cool that little ditty

I read this thread a while ago and thought man it must take some abuse to break a whammy bar......well I broke one on my 7VWH last night doing what Steve does at the end of Tender Surrender, crowd loved it, I'm still shocked it happen, lasted 8yrs that bar

I'll put a pic up later, snapped at the first nylon washer
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2015, 09:11 AM Thread Starter

They always snap there. The bar from this video was actually my UTA... It's the last bar I have that's not broken and bars usually only last me a year before they snap

My friend is making another UTA bar so then I can try to keep them lasting

Tags
pop music , sustainer , useless

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode