Wow, guys I think I am in love!!!! - Page 3 - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams, Lessons & Theory! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 11:42 AM

Re: Wow, guys I think I am in love!!!!

Now *that's* funny!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:04 PM
dex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic
BUSTED!!!

Katrina NAILED you guys!!!!!

It's amazing how all analitical musical thought gets reduced to sex when beautiful women are involved.......never fails.....
I think I was the only one doing the busting here.........
I mean how can you be this good and still play totaly out of time???
I don't get it, I really don't and you don't really need to practice with a metronome - just jam with some CDs and stuff and learn to play on the beat.
All of you who have played with a drummer will know that to be able to play around the beat, you have to be able to play on the beat first and I'm telling you - a time comes when you can just tell if a person is playing out of time intentionally or if they just can't keep time (something Joey Dahlia can't comprehend but it's plain for us to hear).
Slash and Page do it quite often but the fact that they are SPOT on time most of the time shows you that they are doing it intentionally. EVH disregards time but he still hits all the down beats and he is SO on the beat when riffing that you just know he's in complete control.
I'm just rumbling here and don't get me wrong - the backing track, the slow ideas and the melodies are all very solid - great in fact, but the "solos" are not done as well.

And about the hotness - well, let's just say that if I met you out I'd probably be doing my best to get your phone# (unsuccesfully ) - you rock, just not when you play fast.

I really don't know why I'm as mean as that...........with Kevan and Guitar Wizard gone and Mr Orange being as mellow as he is these days I guess I'm the resident harsh A$$hole *

ilia

*Disclaimer - this in no ways implies that Kevan, Guitar Wizard ot Mr Orange were/are a$$holes themselves - it's just that they used to speak their mind in a rather harsh way from time to time.

Last edited by dex; 08-02-2005 at 01:11 PM.
post #33 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:26 PM

As much as i can respect her post on the subject, i have to agree that playing fast all the time is tedious.

I haven't actually listened to the samples so i can't really comment but from going by other people's comments i can say that it's a lot better to play slow and meaningful then fast and brash.

EG - Jimboom or whatever Vai's song is. Yeah, great song. Good blues structure and gets your foottapping. That's about it. After listening to it you won't neccisarrily have it stuck in your head.

EG#2 - All About Eve - Right, here's a song that doesn't exactly have a lot of fast playing in it (well, i haven't listened to it recently, but it sticks in my head... And that's the sign of a good song). This is an example of how playing slow is better then playing fast.

Best example
Listen to a Malmsteen album. Lets say "Attack". Then listen to a Satriani album. I can bet that 9.99 times out of 10, anyone who listens to it (Be it a guitarist or non-guitarist) will say that Satriani's is better. Because it isn't showing off. It isn't being big nor clever. It's playing how he wanted it to be. He's enjoying himself and therefore the audience is (A great example of the live playing rule - enjoy yourself and the audience will... So fúcking smile!).

If this Katrina or whatever is enjoying herself playing, then who gives a monkey's arsetits about if the audience is. Some people will like it and some won't.

</rant> I'm off to eat dinner
post #34 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-02-2005, 01:56 PM

Talking Re: Wow, guys I think I am in love!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dex
EVH disregards time but he still hits all the down beats and he is SO on the beat when riffing that you just know he's in complete control.
Ed is the man plain & simply . Nice come one dex .

Regards

André

post #35 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-04-2005, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemaholic
BUSTED!!!

Katrina NAILED you guys!!!!!

It's amazing how all analitical musical thought gets reduced to sex when beautiful women are involved.......never fails.....
She can nail me, and vice versa

Tags
backing track , guitar players , joey dahlia , satriani album , vinnie moore

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode