Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Your about to hear me for the first time!

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Rekuss 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey,

I recently bought a Line 6 GuitarPort w/RiffWorks.

These are just some things I made quickly, just to help me get the basics on the software. The 'Beat It' solo and some more cheese are on their way!

This is the first time I've uploaded something, as I've always thought I'm not quite on par with many of you uber shredders!

Nearly forgot to tell you what I've uploaded! I've got the Jump and You Give Love A Band Name solo.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=799992

Enjoy

Reece

P.S. Any criticisms would be helpful!

#2 ·
You have that "ballsy" attitude and spark in your playing - definitely for what I've heard but you should work on some small nuances and bits of those solos(vibrato,bends)and you'll make them sound better.
You're lacking a bit of more control and security in what you do,but that will come naturally with more time and progress you invest in your playing.
But you're certainly on a good track,keep up a good work!

#7 ·
You've got a real good feel and ear from what I can tell. All you need to do is hit the 'woodshed' for a bit. Time to discipline yourself. I'd bet that running the heck out of scales for a few months would step up your playing to a wonderful new level. You're playing pretty darn well already.

Get John Petruccie's Rock Discipline DVD. I PROMISE, you'll be an amazing player in no time at all. Tighten up those rough edges and you're there man.

Well done. I look forward to following your progress.

Now that I've encouraged you to buckle down and run scales like crazy, I'm going to do the same. I've slacked off a bit in the last few years. I'm half the player I was 5 years ago....before I joined a country band and learned to "play it dumber" :)

#8 ·
Thanks man!

Yeah that DVD is uber. When I went through my 'tech' stage (all I was doing was working on my technique, not good ;)) thats pretty much what I was practicing.

I think I need to find a balance where I can keep my chops up as well as playing some music. The problem is the amount of time I have to practice is around an hour..... Gah A-Levels suck!

Thanks again, I'll post some non-shred stuff I've been working on soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.