Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS: 1968 Vintage Fender Stratocaster LOW PRICE!

6K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
For sale is my 1968 Red Fender Stratocaster guitar!

It has been well played for many years and clearly shows its age.

The guitar serial number is: 248227 (on neckplate)
Neck stamp: 13 Mar 68B
Volume Potensio number: 1376618 xxxx865 250K A (tone pots were replaced)
Pickup switch number: PAT NO 2503885 MADE IN USA

See pics for more details on all serial numbers.

For a contact sheet image of all the photos: http://www.7-string.com/FenderStrat1968/FenderStrat1968.jpg
To view all photos individually in high resolution, please visit: http://www.7-string.com/FenderStrat1968/

It comes with it's hardcase (see my pics). Tremolo arm & tremolo back cover is missing. Saddles were replaced. The guitar comes without any tools.... what you see is what you get. I sell it AS IS.

Price: $3900 or best offer

I will consider any trades.. especially hi-end PRS, USA Gibson LP, Jackson Explorer or any rare Jackson.

Email me at: sonny @ martyfriedman.com
(item location: Pine Brook, New Jersey - USA)

Weight: around 15 lbs with hardcase or around 7-8 lbs without the hardcase.

However there are many resources available for verifying the age of vintage era Fender.
Links for details on Fender serial numbers:
http://www.fender.com/support/usa_instruments.php
http://www.provide.net/~cfh/fender.html
http://www.scholte.tmfweb.nl/dating-guitar.htm
http://www.guitarnucleus.com/fenderserial.html

If you have a legitimate concern relating to packing, shipping, or to a possible discrepancy in my listing please contact me immediately. I will do my best to add those details if appropriate.

Again, I've done my best to describe the guitar fully and accurately. So if you have a legitimate concern relating to packing, shipping, or to a possible discrepancy in my listing please contact me immediately. I will do my best to add those details if appropriate.

YES, I SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!!!

SHIPPING:
- Australia, Thailand, Hong Kong, Malaysia, UK, Germany, Japan & France: USPS at $130-170 (EMS Service), UPS at $250 & Expedited service FedEx at $225 (International Economy).
- Italy: US$224 (insured with tracking service).
- Spain: USPS Express Mail® International 6 Days = $117.50 or USPS Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $98.80.
- Norway: Express Mail® International 6 Days $107.50 or Priority Mail® International 6 - 10 Days $88.80.
- Kazakhstan: FedEx International Economy® $406.18.
- Greece: $145-165 (USPS)
- other country please ask

I will be in vacation between Dec 21th-26th.. so the guitar will be ship AFTER Dec 27th, 2007.

I only accept Direct Bank Transfer (Wire Transfer), Cashier Check & Money Order! Questions?

PAYMENT DETAILS & RULES:
1. Wire Transfer (Bank Transfer), Cashier Check & Money Order only and is due within five business days of the auction's end.
This means you'll need to get the wire transfer/check/money order details from me within a day from when the auction ends.

2. Below US shipping fee is not valid for Alaska & Hawaii.

3. While I will sell this guitar to an individual outside the continental United States, be warned that the shipping will be EXPENSIVE: think $200 or more. Final shipping price will be determined after the auction ends for international buyers. Internationally, shipping is depending on the destination, will take 5 business days to make it to your Customs clearance office. You are responsible for any possible customs fees. International shipping will be made within 3 business days after confirmed payment is received.

4. Please feel free to any question. I am not the first owner, I sell it in the same condition as when I bought it. I am not a Fender expert and cannot guarantee it's all original (refinished, refretted, rewired, replaced parts, modified, etc), please make sure that you have DOWNLOAD all the high resolution pics that I included here... and make sure that you have VERIFY EVERY PART of this guitar BEFORE you send any payment! Dont trust other sellers who stated their guitar is all original, you will need to verify the originality yourself! (thats why I provided you a lot of hi-res pics). Since this is "VINTAGE" guitar, I can't guarantee if everything is working perfectly (screws, potensios, knobs, saddles, tremolo arm, output jack, trussrod, pickups, etc). Please be aware that you're buying a vintage guitar, it can't be 100% perfect! You're not buying a new guitar. I did plugged the guitar into my amp and all pickups are working.. it sounds great!. You may need to find a guitar luthier to fix it. I SELL THIS AS IS, WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. NO RETURNS. IF YOU DO NOT WANT (OR NOT SURE WITH) THE ITEM, DO NOT SEND PAYMENT. I sell a lot of vintage guitars on EvilBay, please read my EvilBay Feedback. My EvilBay ID is: stratofinder & strathunter and read what my customer said.

5. Any damage during shipping is the buyers assumed risk (if buyer did not pay for insurance). Insurance is recommended and any claims to the shipper are the buyers responsibility.

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry, CORRECTION:
---------------------------------------------------------------
PAYMENT DETAILS & RULES:
1. Wire Transfer (Bank Transfer), Cashier Check & Money Order only and is due within five business days of the auction's end.
This means you'll need to get the wire transfer/check/money order details from me within a day from when the auction ends.
---------------------------------------------------------------

SHOULD BE:

-------------------------------------------------------------------
PAYMENT DETAILS & RULES:
1. Wire Transfer (Bank Transfer), Cashier Check & Money Order only
-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not an auction... and I no longer sell this guitar on EvilBay.. too many dead-bidder. (I copied this text from my previous EvilBay listing.. so I made the mistake).

Thanks for your attention

#3 ·
Obviously '68's are selling at far beyond 4 grand these days, so would you kindly give us a detailed list of what is exactly still original to the guitar? I find it impossible to believe that only trem saddles have changed at this point.
What besides the refin has been done on this? Are the pickups original? What about the pots, caps, switch, etc?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.