FS: 1988 Ibanez Saber Custom - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 02:13 AM Thread Starter

FS: 1988 Ibanez Saber Custom

I've decided that it's time to let this beauty go since it doesn't get much play. Its a 1988 Ibanez saber that was made at the Bensalem, PA plant as a custom order for a customer. Its metallic black cherry in color with black chrome hardware and comes equipped with an original edge lo-pro tremolo with the rare Ibanez trem-setter (whammy bar included). It's only drilled for volume and tone controls and one pickup, a humbucker in the bridge position which is currently a Seymour Duncan SH-6 but, I will also include an EMG 81 I had installed in it before, and the original Dimarzio made Ibanez pickup. The neck on this guitar was replaced with an Ibanez replacement made in 1995. The original neck was a wizard neck with a maple board but it was in bad shape so I got a new one. The new one has a rosewood fretboard with sharktooth inlays and a "custom made" inlay at the 20th fret. The guitar does not have the AANJ like the newer sabers. It's the old 4 bolts in a square pattern with a neck plate. This comes with an Ibanez hardshell case made to fit this guitar and it has a Dimarzio clip lock strap installed. This is a truly one of a kind guitar and I really hate to see it go but, I'd rather someone else enojy it and play it than have it sit here unused. As a matter of fact the only guitar I've ever seen close to this in appearance is Ken Susi of Unearth's custom s 7 string. His is basically the same guitar but one less knob and its a 7 string. I'm looking to get $1000 plus shipping for this since its such a rare find and is in excellent condition for a 19 year old guitar. Pictures are available upon request at [email protected]
Thanks!
Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-26-2007, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Re: FS: 1988 Ibanez Saber Custom

I'd also consider trading for so sort of gibson...preferably an SG or Les Paul
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 10:10 AM

Do you still have the original neck, Edge bridge & the pickup? I'd be insteresed if the original parts (at least the original neck) are available & you were willing to negotiate bit.

Is it possible any of the "hand carving" in the control cavity you mentioned was to make room for the EMG battery? It's not uncommon at all for early sabers to have some details trimmed by hand though... A couple pictures would go a long way here.

Thanks
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Nah its not from the emg...I bought it 100% stock and installed the EMG myself. The original parts are not available anymore. I sold them to a buddy of mine.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
Nah its not from the emg...I bought it 100% stock and installed the EMG myself. The original parts are not available anymore. I sold them to a buddy of mine.

I'm definately out without the original neck. Thanks though.

Tags
bridge position , chrome hardware , clip lock strap , dimarzio clip lock , dimarzio clip lock strap , edge bridge , ibanez hardshell , ibanez trem , les paul , neck plate , pro tremolo , rosewood fretboard , seymour duncan , sharktooth inlay , sharktooth inlays

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode