Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
6K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  darren wilson 
#1 ·
I love this guitar, but since i've transitioned to seven strings, i rarely play it any more. It's just too nice to leave in its case all the time, so i'm parting with it. This guitar deserves to be played.

Ever since seeing the prototype Parker Fly and SuperFly guitars shown in a Guitar Player magazine around 1993, i dreamed about owning a Parker. In 2000, i finally bought myself one as a birthday present. It was the guitar you see here: a new old stock 1998 Parker Fly Classic.

According to the serial number, this guitar was the sixth guitar built on April 28th, 1998. Its neck is made of basswood and the body is solid mahogany. The back of the body and neck are covered with Parker's composite glass/carbon fibre blend, and it has a carbon fibre fretboard with stainless steel frets. The frets are absolutely spectacular... it's like playing on glass, they're so smooth and fast. The guitar is finished in transparent blue showing the lovely mahogany wood grain on the front of the guitar. The back is a gorgeous pearl metallic blue.

The pickups are crisp and versatile sounding, and the piezo gives startlingly good acoustic tones when played through an acoustic amp or a PA system. The bridge is Parker's proprietary aluminum design with Fishman piezo saddles. The tuners are locking Sperzels.

The guitar is in excellent condition. All electronics are in perfect working order. The guitar has never been gigged, and has probably been out of its case fewer than 25 times since i've had it. There may be a couple of minor scuffs in the clearcoat on the back of the guitar, but no major damage at all. The guitar was professionally set up and the action is amazing.

It includes the custom form-fitted hardshell case pictured here, the Parker stereo cable, the included tools, an extra tremolo spring for setting the guitar up with .010 gauge strings, and the manual.

I've checked the used value of this model and year and they seem to sell in the $1300-$1500 range. I am asking USD$1400, and the buyer pays actual shipping costs.

I will consider very specific trades only: I'm looking for a piezo-equipped Ernie Ball Music Man John Petrucci 7-string and/or a high-end tube combo.

Feel free to ask any questions or for more pics. I'll try to get more images up on the weekend that show the finish a bit better.

Thanks,

darren.

See less See more
#10 ·
I don't mean to post un-necessarily in this thread but i just wanted to issue this warning.

WARNING: If you buy this guitar, you might not want to play any of your other guitars ever again.

I got a Fly Classic for Xmas and my Ibanez's don't get nearly as much play as they used to...ESPECIALLY on gigs.

Good luck!
~kenny

#20 ·
funny, I just played that exact guitar yesterday for like 2 hours straight in a local shop out here. I couldn't believe how light it was!! FYI, the one I played had some serious issues with a neck crack that could lead to problems in the future and they were selling it for 1200 firm...also, noone in there knew what knobs did what so I left it sitting there. Hey Darren, do these require a stereo input jack? (something we were talking about there)...but seriously, what a dream of a guitar!!

#21 ·
If you want to split the magnetic and piezo signals, yes, you require a stereo output cable. My guitar came with one from Parker, but DiMarzio also makes a nice one that splits into two mono plugs at the other end.

This guitar is now sold. Thanks for your interest!

Lock 'er up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.