FS: DiMarzio D-Activator 7 and 8 sets and Ionizer Set - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 9
FS: DiMarzio D-Activator 7 and 8 sets and Ionizer Set

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: DiMarzio D Activator 7 and 8 sets, DiMarzio Ionizer set
Modifications (if any): None
Accessories (hardshell case etc): n/a
Location (City,State or City,Country): Just outside London, UK
International OK?: Absolutely
Contact Info (No Phone #s): Here's fine
References (eBay or other forum userid): sevenstring.org iTrader or eBay User ID nicholas.howlett
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): 110 paypal gift or bank transfer per matched set of 2, not really looking to split up sets.

Pictures:

D Activator 7 Set

I absolutely love these, if I ever have a long-term 7 string it will unquestionably have D Activator 7's, they're clear and balanced, medium to bright, tight lows, really balanced and power enough to just give an extra bit of push. Selling because I've got my Laces back in my strandberg and that's the only 7 I'll be owing for a while I think. Could use the cash now.

Perfect condition on the face, extra hole drilled into the base so I could install to the strandberg without modification but it affects nothing, loads of spare lead.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...psf8bd8ab9.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps5a5db521.jpg

D-Activator 8 Set

I was planning on doing this crazy 8 string pickup showdown but I'm not gunna have time for a while and I could use the cash for now so I'll get some more another time.

These are nicely powerful, have a good attack and a lot of body, the neck pickup is clear and feels great actually, definitely one of the better 8 string neck pickups I've tried. I'd definitely get these again if I needed something with a really thick sound and the upper mid attack. Again these were as good as brand new when I bought them and were in my guitar 3 days before the next set arrived. Photos always make everything look dusty or marked but they aren't, super clean face and loads of lead. I found these very similar to the BKP Aftermath 8 pickups but a little thicker and a bit more tactile under my left hand.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...psf3974610.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...psc9a5b37e.jpg

Ionizer Set

These have a lot in common with the D-Activator 8's but essentially have the upper range attack turned down a bit, not so bright, and the mids turned up a bit, they feel pretty similar but are thicker and have great cleans.

These are black with black poles which I absolutely love, they look great.

Again they are totally clean and unmarked, the lead's a little shorter but will be more than enough to install in basically any guitar without trouble.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps7dbd6134.jpg

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/x...ps56d199fc.jpg

RE Splitting Up Sets

I'm really not too keen on breaking up the sets, particularly the white DA7's, but I will consider it if I end up not really moving or if somebody just wants a neck pickup, but assume I'm not gunna break the sets up for now. If someone wants the DA8 neck that'll probably be fine as the bridge is something I can sell on it's own and it's the standard colour scheme.

No trades, and I'm not selling my X Bars, Aftermaths or Lundgren M8 in response to the few times I've been asked recently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-16-2013, 01:55 PM Thread Starter

Re: FS: DiMarzio D-Activator 7 and 8 sets and Ionizer Set

DA8's are as good as gone, just the 7's and Ionizers to go.

I thought the Ionizers would go first, particularly in that finish!
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 06:04 PM Thread Starter

Re: FS: DiMarzio D-Activator 7 and 8 sets and Ionizer Set

DA7's gone.

Just the great price, black on black Ionizers to go guys.

Tags
d activator , d-activator , dactivator , dimarzio , ionizer

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode