Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS Ibanez RG550/JEM77FP Neck Guitar

914 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  replica 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I have a black 1987 RG550 with a JEM77FP neck for sale. The RG550 is a 1987 model with a rosewood fingerboard in excellent condition for its age -- a few chips that have been touched up, some pickguard scuffing, but not a lot of pitting on the Edge trem or corrosion. electronics work well too, although an application of contact cleaner on the 5-way wouldn't hurt. Overall in excellent condition for a 26-year-old guitar!

It's one of the rare ones with a rosewood fingerboard -- these don't show up very often these days.

This one is special, though, because I had a brand new/new old stock JEM77FP neck professionally installed (by a tech who used to work for Dean guitars back in the late 70s and early 80s and now is a world-renowned tech at the famous Music Gallery store in Highland Park, Illinois, where guys like Rick Neilsen from Cheap Trick shop when they're in the Chicagoland area). This neck is still in near mint/almost new condition.

Also included are a white repro RG550 pickguard from Perle Guitars, and a replacement RG550 neck plate (the neck plate this guitar came from the factory with is blank, indicating this guitar was likely a very early model -- the serial number indicates it was made in June of 1987 -- I think the RG550 was introduced at Summer NAMM 1987 along with the JEM, I'm not sure of the dates for Summer NAMM 1987 though).

Also included is a new Ibanez UV1000 case (the high-end Ibanez case with the dark red interior), and a really nice leather DiMarzio Cliplok strap.

Visit my flickr page for some pictures -- http://www.flickr.com/photos/14810092@N02/

(Sorry the quality of the pictures isn't as good -- I've only got my iphone on hand at the moment)

Asking $1750 shipped in the continental USA, or best offer, so don't be shy, send a message my way with your best offer (no lowball offers though, please, thanks!).

This is a fantastic guitar that I never expected I would even think about selling. It sounds great, plays amazing, and looks killer, but something just came along and I need to see if I can make a play for it. That's how it goes, though, for us guitar players!

Thanks for reading!

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.