Ibanez JEM Forum banner

FS: Ibanez rg550dxeg emerald green

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  zar7 
#1 ·
I'm selling an oddity here and I'll do my best to explain. I paid dearly for this guitar about a year ago from an asian exporter when I was convinced I needed the entire dx line-up. It was in excellent shape when it was shipped, but managed to pick up a gash on the bottom of it on the way to the states. That is the lesson in not shipping in cases by the way. Anyway, the guitar is a 1991 Japanese release version of 550dx line. The only documentation I've ever been able to find for the the guitar is a an October 1991 copy of "Young Guitar" (a Japanese guitar magazine) on the back cover. It is simply labeled "rg limited" alongside a laser blue and red dx (see pictures). So best I can tell by my '91 catalog the color must be emerald green.

The neck on the guitar is in good condition. Not much discoloration at all. The 12th fret has some darkening on it. The hardware is all in good shape with no corrosion. I think the pickups may have been replaced considering they are pink and the magazine shows black. The pickguard isn't scratched up but it does have a place below the tone knob where some of the gold reflective layer has come off the back. The body of the guitar still has a good gloss to it, there is the obvious gash on the back (see pictures) and a couple other minor scratches. Both neck pockets have some paint cracking. There is also a place on the back of the guitar where it looks like there may have been a sticker at one time because the paint is a little darker there.

The guitar comes with an Ibanez hardshell case and the magazine shown in the pictures. $470 shipped in the US.

Pictures here: www.senhayden.com/rg550dxeg

pm me with questions.

See less See more
#5 ·
Torgeot, the serial # is: F143737 Thanks for the complements.

ScottB, thanks for the heads-up. I guess this color just wasn't a US color, although I've also seen it on the "snake inlay" 550 released in the same era.

Price drop to $450, moving it to the cattle yard on Sunday.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.