I am selling my 2007 S2170FW to make room and to get funds towards a bigger purchase.
: Paypal $725 + shipping (US only)
If you are in the Boston area I'm happy to meet up so you can check it out.
: Ibanez S2170FW
(taken by the previous owner, way better camera than mine). I take more detail pictures if somebody shows interest.
* Potential trades
: $ is king, but I could soften to a new Charvel, GSK, Jackson, or of course 90ties MIJ Ibanez RG/S. Maybe a LP Traditional. PM me if you have a suggestion.
: I am the second owner - I bought it locally off craigslist in fall 2008 as temporary guitar after moving to US. After getting more gear I barely played it again. But I couldn't get myself to sell it till recently. My wife loves its looks and suggested we just hang it on the wall (she can't play, lol).
: It's a discontinued 2007 MIK Ibanez S2170FW, all stock, featuring a wonderful burled poplar top in natural finish - I dare you to find a nicer burl top on a 2170FW out there. It is overall very clean, the few cosmetical beefs I have with it are listed below. It is set up, bore-oiled fretboard, clean, and has a new set of EB Slinky 9ers on it.
It's a very resonant guitar with a loud, responsive and full unplugged sound that translates great into the amp. I guess the mahogany body combined with a Wizard II neck do that. The pickups are maybe not the best for ultra-high gain, but handle everything else, I recorded stuff ranging from Jazz improv to Progressive Metal with it. The trem has a nice spongy feel (I took the ZPS out).
* Cosmetical issues
(all there since I got it, also see pictures):
- The pickup rings are polished to chrome, as the original cosmo black coating just looked too ugly too quickly.
- a slight 1x2mm indentation in the rosewood at the low E string, 3rd fret, according to the previous owner already there at time of purchase.
- light buckle rash on the back, mostly between the AANJ heel and the trem cover plate.
- a barely visible, fine 2" scratch on the headstock front, probably from a prior string change.
- two small scratches/dings on the back of the bass-side horn.
- A hint of cosmo wear on the bridge.
- Wizard II Prestige neck
- 5-piece maple/bubinga neck
- Mahogany w/poplar burl top body, natural finish
- 22 jumbo frets
- bound rosewood finger board
- ZR bridge with ZPS
- DiMarzio/IBZ pickups (H/S/H)
- Prestige "moon" inlay on 12th fret
- Rosewood truss rod cover, abalone Ibanez inlay
- Original red plushy interior Prestige S hardshell case (I'm actually tempted to keep that one for myself, lol).