FS: Japanese Made Ibanez S470BK Near Mint Condition - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

FS: Japanese Made Ibanez S470BK Near Mint Condition

I'm parting with my 1993 Japanese Ibanez S470BK. It is in near mint condition. Serial number is F329919. You may also check this out in the 1993 Catalogue on Ibanezrules.com. Page 16, pictured in the top.

It has a Lo-Pro Edge bridge and bar. These are far superior to the Lo-TRS bridges that came later on the Korean made S470's. It also has an original Wizard neck, not the Wizard II.

Pickups are upgraded to Seymour Duncan Invader in both the neck and bridge and it has the original middle single coil. These pickups alone are worth at least $80.

The guitar is in near mint condition and you can tell by the reflection in the pictures. It's unheard of to get a guitar 14 years old in this condition.

There is only one very small pinhead size nic in the finish that I tried to show a picture of, but it's so small it was difficult. Also, on the back of the neck around fret 6 and 7 are a couple of small nics in the clear that you can feel with your hand. I was going to fill them myself, but it may not bother you. Again, both nics are only in the clear, not through the paint or wood.

It will need a set up. I don't have the proper wrench to adjust the truss rod and it looked to need tightening. Also, the bridge height was a tad high. Frets show very minimal wear as well.

The only reason I'm selling this is because I have just come to like a thicker neck profile. As you know, the Wizard is super thin. I was going to remove the neck and put in a Mighty Mite or something, but I just couldn't bear to dismantle such a beauty. If it were Korean made, I may have done it.

I'm asking $450 shipped anywhere in the continental USA (48 states). It will be in a soft case, then packed super well in a guitar box. I will probably use Fed Ex or UPS, but not the Post Office for this item. I would prefer a check, cashier's check, or money order. If you absolutely have to use Paypal, then I'll split the fees and just have you transfer $460. You can check out my Evilbay rating, which is perfect, and I use the same user name as I do here, which is also my e-mail, just add the @yahoo.com

You may check out all pictures in the Photobucket album:

http://s14.photobucket.com/albums/a336/t1r12003/S470/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 02:46 AM

Re: FS: Japanese Made Ibanez S470BK Near Mint Condition

PM sent
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Bump.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

SOLD

Posting now closed
Closed Thread

Tags
duncan invader , edge bridge , near mint condition , pro edge , pro edge bridge , seymour duncan , trs bridge , truss rod

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode