Ibanez JEM Forum banner

FS: Mesa Dual Rectifier (RARE Low Serial #) 2 Channel Head

3K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  raglor 
#1 ·
I have for sale an extremely rare Mesa Dual Rectifier 2-channel head, one of the first ones made (#802). As most people know, these early Rectos are by far the best sounding ones ever. The fizz/flub/compressed sound of the newer models does not show up here. This amp has all the balls and tone in the world, but much more musical, punchy and huge. Midrange is incredible (not buzzy like the later 2 channels and 3 channel models). It's absolutely the best sounding Recto I've ever personally heard.

This amp belongs to my bandmate. Despite the fact his tone is crushing, he's just looking for something different to try. Thus, I am selling it on his behalf. The amp is in great shape (see pics), tube connoisseurs will appreciate the following: the amp has been upgraded with a JJ ECC83S pre-amp tubes/phase inverter, JJ 6L6GC power tubes and JJ Rectifier tubes which were a big improvement over the Mesa ones.

We're looking for $1300. These rare older pieces are very highly saught after, so the price is firm, but I'll at least listen to reasonable offers as well. This amp is worth every penny. Come and try it out if you're in the Boston area and you'll see for yourself! If you know anyone with a newer Dual Rec (or any Mesa), bring it over and A/B it and you'll see theres NO comparison. I've played dozens of these and this is the finest piece I've ever played. No bull.

I will ship overseas as well (I've shipped several amps to Europe, not a problem at all). I prefer Money Orders or Bank Wire, but will accept PayPal as well if need be. I have extensive positive feedback on other forums as well as the 'bay, PM for references.

Let me know if you have any questions, thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.