FS: PRS Custom 24 w/case in Decent shape, awesome price! - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

FS: PRS Custom 24 w/case in Decent shape, awesome price!

Hey all-

I hate to sell this guitar but i have a few axes and I need a good chunk of change for the recording studio. Emerald Green PRS Custom 24. This model has the phase one locking tuners with black tuning keys(other PRS owners I know have changed theirs to black just after looking at em), green transparent back, neck and headstock, birds, etc. Strap locks instaled (version where you can legitamitly use a regular strap if you like) and ill throw in the $50 black leather strap with the straplocks as well. The only real modification made to the guitar is with the electronics. Switched the standard 5 way rotary knob to the PRS 3 way switch and push/pull tone knob for 6 possible tones (humbuckers or single coils, treb bass or both). I find it much much easier for stage use and the single coil sounds are very convincing. I will throw in the old rotary switch, as it was working perfectly when I swapped em. Has a PRS tremolo (without arm, expect about $30-40 if you want one). It is a great example of what a PRS guitar should be, and the transparent green back is a rarity now adays in the world of PRSs with Black backs and necks. Wide Thin Neck Profile.

Now about condition. I would consider myself a decent guitar tech with a good amount of experience after working at a guitar store for a while. This guitar will be cleaned and setup by me to your general specs before I ship it. This guitar is in good/very good shape, and is by no means "mint". Starting from the top...the headstock has some chips at the very top and some string scratch marks where the PRS logo is. The tuners are showing a little ware but work perfectly. The back of the neck has one ding where the paint has come off showing a little mahog, but it is tiny and has not spread. The fretboard has a weird ding above the 24th fret, like a little chunk got cut out (honestly don't know how that happened, i bought this used a few years ago with some of these imperfections), does not affect how the guitar plays. The top of the guitar is very 3D, not a ten top but damn close. Again, a few minor scuffs and some light scratching. The edges of the top have prehaps the most flaws of the guitar. Clear coat has chipped off around the edges in about 5 spots, some slight, some a bit bigger, all noticable when your holding the guitar but hard to tell from even 10 feet away. These have not spread and all, but some of the wood in spots is slightly exposed. The back of the guitar has some scratching and a few indents. The electronics work ok, but i have noticed recently that the volume and tone knobs can be iffy some times, you have to play with them for a few seconds and then they go back to normal. It hasn't affected the tone, just can be a bit of a hassle. Maybe it's just the intense new england winter weather. Don't need to be replaced, but you might want new tone and volume pots. The trem is showing wear on the bass side, but works awesome and is in overall very good shape. The neck pickup ring has been slighty bent after another past user hickup, the top part that touches the neck is evenly warped a bit, though its hard to notice from afar again. If your looking for a guitar to play once a year with latex gloves, put in a temperature controlled safe and sell years from now, look elsewhere. If you want awesome looking and sounding "player plus plus" guitar with an incredible neck, this is the one.

Now the important part. I am looking for $1150 or best offer for this guitar, case, awesome condition Planent Waves wide black leather strap, hangtag, 5 way rotary switch, setup with new string of your gauge and brand. THIS PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING TO THE LOWER 48 STATES!!! Your not gonna find many Custom 24s in any shape for this price. I'm not gonna airmail it out, if you want that to happen I will glady do that but understand that you will be paying the difference. For all you looking to trade, send me an email detailing what you have, but know that im looking for at least $900 plus whatever else you got. I need this money for recording time as I said above. I will be accepting bank money orders, casheries checks, post office money orders and personal check. THE GUITAR WILL NOT BE SHIPPED UNTIL I HAVE THE CASH IN MY HANDS OR BANK ACCOUNT! Personal checks might take a week. I don't really use jemsite much anymore, but i know a few people here well enough and am a trustworthy seller/buyer.

Full color high res pictures are available upon request. Best way to contact me is via email, [email protected].

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 04:58 PM

Re: FS: PRS Custom 24 w/case in Decent shape, awesome price!

email sent
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-15-2005, 05:40 PM

you have mail
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-18-2005, 01:23 AM
Banned

Extremely, Super, Duper,Intrested!!! Will send money through Pay-Pay Immediately, pending a quick view of the pictures. Email me at [email protected] and let me know the status of this guitar!
thanks
Nik
Closed Thread

Tags
clear coat , guitar tech , locking tuners , neck pickup , pickup ring , prs guitar , pull tone , strap lock , strap locks , volume pots

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode