FS: Unbranded Strat copy, Scalloped Fretboard, Alder Body. Perfect Project Guitar. - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

FS: Unbranded Strat copy, Scalloped Fretboard, Alder Body. Perfect Project Guitar.

Hi, for sale is an Unbranded, Fender Strat style guitar in a butterscotch colour.

It has an Alder body, 3 single coils, tortoise shell pickguard, maple neck and rosewood fretboard.
It also has a Fender style trem and the arm is included.
It's set up with gauge 9 strings.

I bought it from **** a few months ago, but soon after I got an Ibanez UV777BK for my birthday so I've barely touched this.
Since I have another 4 guitars I don't think I'll play it much in the future either, so may as well sell it to someone who will.
The scallop is quite shallow but it does make a difference. I think it's called a sliding scallop where one side is quite shallow but gets a bit deeper as you move to the other side of the fretboard.
In some places the scallop is quite thin but because it's not deep you could scallop it some more yourself as a project.

I originally bought it intending to put on some locking tuners and maybe change the pickups but when I got it I found the tuners held tune fine and the pickups were O.k so instead of spending my money on this got some new pickups for my RG550 instead.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/1179/2a1bpd7.jpg

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9138/3f1tx7.jpg

I don't have a picture of the side of the fretboard because none of the pictures I took came out properly but I'll describe it.
It's a shallow scallop and if I'm being honest it could do with a bit more scalloping on some of the frets, although it isn't necessary and you still get the scalloped feel as it is.
It could be a good, cheap project guitar, as you can see it's a blank headstock so you could even put your own decal on there or something.

I'm in the U.K and will only post to the U.K.

Price is 150 plus whatever postage is (probably 15 or 20) but I am willing to haggle on that so please make me an offer.

The guitar will be posted in a cardboard box that companies ship guitars to shops in and will be packaged extremely well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-12-2006, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

Re: FS: Unbranded Strat copy, Scalloped Fretboard, Alder Body. Perfect Project Guitar.

I've just realised I've only just set up my account here and I have no itrader points so it would probably be a good idea to say that I have an **** account with 144 points and 100% good feedback.
If you're interested in the guitar PM me and I'll tell you the name of the account and you can see my feedback.

I'm open to offers on the guitar, I'll consider any so don't be shy to ask
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-15-2006, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Re: FS: Unbranded Strat copy, Scalloped Fretboard, Alder Body. Perfect Project Guitar.

O.k I need to sell this so I can get some money for a re-fret on my RG550 so price lowered to £130 including free postage.

Tags
alder body , fender strat , locking tuners , maple neck , rosewood fretboard , strat style , strat style guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode