FS: Yngwie Malmsteen Fender Relic USA Strat 1988 !!! - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-16-2011, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

FS: Yngwie Malmsteen Fender Relic USA Strat 1988 !!!

£1000 cash only or add on 4% for paypal fees. Unfortunately as I'm new to the jemsite It won't allow me to post pictures or links as a message showed up stating that you need at least ten posts before they allow you to display any pictures or links. (That's how I understand it anyway, please correct me if I'm wrong)

So If you interested about the guitar let me know and I will send you pictures and a 'you tube' link.

I purchased this guitar from Charlie Chandler's Guitar Experience, Hampton Wick.

When I bought it from there it had the Fender Malmsteen '88 USA original 1st edition neck attached to a Fender Hank Marvin Strat body with Fender Custom Shop Texas Specials Pickups. (Strange combination I know) however I only bought it as I wanted the guitar neck.

I wasn't happy with the body so I decided to replace it with a 3lb 12oz 1-piece Alder body from Warmoth USA. Its been re-contoured to the exact spec as an original 1962 and finished in Fiesta Red nitrocellulose thin-skin finish also relic'd. The pick-ups are the Suhr Fletcher-Landau set. A 22nd fret was also added. All the work was carried out by top UK luthier Ian Allerton. The labour rate to complete all this work was the figure I'm selling for so the deal you will be getting is very very good, seeing that if you add up the price of the neck/body/ pick-ups/Bridge etc was also reaching a £1000 if not more.

The guitar is in perfect condition no problems at all there is no fret wear whatsoever its just been stoned and setup (by Ian Allerton) and will not be played again till sold.

I very much doubt that you will ever find a Fender guitar with a one piece body like this one. Please remember it has been relic'd so it looks nice worn.

I'm only selling this as I've had a change of direction musically in that I'm working on playing solo acoustic guitar now, which brings me to my next point that I will be using the money to put towards a Lowden acoustic guitar. (They are not cheap)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
malmsteen , relic , sale , shred , strat

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode