FT: Lo pro edge - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 6
FT: Lo pro edge

Dear Jemsite,

Up for trade is a Lo Pro edge from a 1990 Jem7PBK. Now to some of you this may seem odd, and odd it is indeed. As is common knowledge, the Lo-Pro tremolo was not released until a full 12 months after. However, lo-pro's factory installed on Jems and Rgs before 1991 is not an unseen sight. I'd like to say that this is the case here, but it is not. The previous owner of this guitar has claimed that the original owner had preferred the lo-pro's design over the original Edge so he took it upon himself to modify his gorgeous jem and render it unauthentic.

The Jem still hasn't arrived, but it shall sometime by the end of this week. So i figured i'd get an early start on my quest to find an Original Ibanez Edge bridge for this baby. So up for trade i shall trade my soon to be Ibanez Lo Pro edge in Cosmo Black in exchange for an Edge Bridge in any condition but rusty. I fear not wear marks as it would add to it's authenticity.

I only have a few pictures of the guitar that GaryQwa took, who is an extremely nice fella. Needless to say, it seems he is not quite the photographer. Anywho, the pictures were sufficient for me but they do not give a lot of details on the condition of the tremolo. However, if there are anything close to the guitar's condition after all these years, than i should think it is in a fairly good condition with nothing out of the ordinary for this bridge.

I really like the Edge tremolo better. It has a bit more mass which obviously gives it a thicker tone. Also the flutter on it is just brilliant. I just feel it is a more solid trem. Nothing wrong with the Lo-pro, it is genious as well, but i was never bothered by the whale tail of the edge or the square heels of my guitars. Save for my RG, all my guitars have square heels and that's how i like em'.

Anywho, so if anyone has any Original edge's to offer, please send me a pm with pictures preferably and list any conditions you may have. If you do not wish to trade me your edge, perhaps we can work out an agreement. I would be willing to buy it, however, i would prefer to trade at the moment as it would be financially wiser on my part.

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/6664/pbk078px0.jpg

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/7329/pbk079iz8.jpg

Don't be shy, i'm a reasonable guy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:25 AM

Re: FT: Lo pro edge

i got an edge to swap!!! cosmo in 9.0-9.5 condition. it's off of my 1999 rg520qs. it was pretty much nos when i got it. if i clean it up, it'll probably be 9.5-10. let me know if your interested.

rich

Tags
edge bridge , edge trem , pro edge , pro tremolo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode