Ibanez S series for sale - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Ibanez S series for sale

I'm going to basic training for the Marine corps in August and I've decided to sell my guitar since I won't be able to play it much if at all while I'm in. It's an Ibanez S470 body with a S520 neck. I got it used before hand. The previous owner painted over the headstock in black completely but the guitar looks good. The body is black as well. The tuners are black and the ZR tremolo is chrome. It is equipped with 2 dimarzio evolution humbuckers and an evolution single coil in the middle. The humbuckers are purple and the single coil is lime green. If anyone wants to replace the humbuckers, I'm also selling a Bill Lawrence L500XL and an L500R. I'm changing the strings that are currently on it, Ernie Ball 10-46 to Ernie Ball 11-48. The fretboard and frets are in good condition. Also, the body is signed by Michael Angelo Batio. It comes with a nice hard shell case and the only amp i could afford at the time, a Vox Amplug Metal. Tremolo bar and 3 dunlop Jazz III XL picks are included. I haven't put up an auction for it yet because I don't want to put up a guitar and not sell it but still have to pay the listing fee. So, I'm asking if anyone would buy it and for how much you'd be willing to pay. My camera is messed up so I do not have pictures at the moment but I will post pictures ASAP.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 10:27 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: Ibanez S series for sale

You need to post a price.
The forum rules don't allow "offers" to be made.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-03-2009, 10:39 PM Thread Starter

Well, I was hoping for anywhere from 600 to 750. So, there's no room for negotiation within the rules? I'm just wondering.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 AM

Plenty of room to negotiate, but you must at least post an asking price.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Asking price is 800, but I'm more than willing to negotiate, but not too far. The guitar is still in great shape. No scratches or nicks, low action and no fret buzz.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Do ya'll think I'm asking for too much?
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 08:54 AM

Reviews: 1

a bit, yes.
especially something that is in the shape you described.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 10:41 AM

Yep...too much.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:14 PM Thread Starter

Well, I payed about 400 for it when it was pretty much new. In terms of cosmetics, it is in excellent shape. No scratches or anything. And I'm adding in a set of pickups, which I was going to install anyway, but I haven't had the time. As well as a good hard shell case and my vox amplug metal which is an excellent amp for on the go or silent practice. Would 650 still be too much?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:16 PM Thread Starter

And also that it is signed. I was hoping to get some extra money from that as well.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:21 PM

I honestly think that $400 would be a good starting point. Unfortunately, with used Ibanez guitars you usually don't get your money back and incur a loss. Sorry.
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-05-2009, 06:26 PM

Lets take the discussions to PM gents. Thanks.

Tags
bill lawrence , dimarzio , michael angelo batio , s470 , s520

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode