Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez Usa Custom Exotic Wood UCEW1FM 1990

5K views 17 replies 6 participants last post by  TheTrooper 
#1 ·
I'm just testing the waters; I'm not sure I'll sell this.
I'm gonna regret if it sells, for sure.

This is a 1990 Ibanez Usa Custom Exotic Wood (also known as UCEW), one of the most rare Ibanez ever made.
There are very few of this around, and there are no more than two including this one in my country.
If you are looking at this insertion you know what kind of instrument is that, and you know how much valuable this is, and I'm not talking only of monetary value.

Now, let's talk about this beauty:
As I said, it's a 25 years old instrument, that was really kept with care during all this years.
The body and the paint are virtually IMACCULATE, except minor signs that you can't catch up with a camera; the hardware is working and is aged, of course, but again, it's fully working; the Edge is the best Ibanez tremolo ever made. Period.
The electronic is completely new, and done by a very skilled guy, (see for yourself) that does this stuff for big pro players too.
Pickups were changed last year (originally, in the '90s it had PAF Pros, then they got changed to Blue DiMarzios ....bleah) and are a Steve's Special in the bridge position and a Air Norton in the Neck position. Middle is the original one.
The switch was changed to a new Superswitch (really expensive) 'cause I wanted different combinations instead of the originals, and plus the old switch was completely destroyed by time and use and made a lot of noise (I still have it)

Position 1= Bridge Humbucker
Position 2= Humbuckers inner coils (JPM)
Position 3= Middle Single Coil
Position 4= Both Humbuckers
Position 5= Neck Humbucker

The neck is perfect, the truss rod works, it's clean, so is the fretboard; the frets are pretty worn, but they've been just recrowned and leveled by a pro tech, and the guitar plays just fine.
Hardshell case included (Original), but it's not in very good condition, let's say 7 out of 10, but it's just cosmetic, the latches are fully working.

There was (or there is?) one of these UCEW on Ebay (the Lacewood one) for 2499€, and the condition was NOWHERE close to this one.

More pics: http://s1064.photobucket.com/user/TheTrooper23/library/Ibanez UCEW1FM

I'll take this ad down on the end of July; as I said, I don't know if I want to sell this,

Don't make stupid offers, i will not respond.
Only serious inquiries.

NO TRADES

See less See more
#11 ·
Let's try to keep things civil and the chitchat to a minimum please folks.

That said an ebay listing for the guitar does show up, but one that has been closed. Please be mindful that guitars for sale on eBay should not be listed here.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.